Please don't let petty squabbles ruin this forum

edited November 2017 in General

Just wanted to express my sadness that this forum is (again) being disrupted by a mixture of squabbles, stubbornness, and machismo.

for example, see here: https://intua.net/forums/discussion/5684/visual-reference-for-keyboard-position/p1
(note - some of the comments have since been deleted)

I hope we can all learn to resist flaming and attacking each other.

If anyone has anything constructive to add that helps settle the situation (rather than inflame it further) please reply below..

Comments

• Sorry for my part in the recent bad vibes. Onwards :)
  • Take your trolling over to Reddit or YouTube. This forum is intended for serious music production discussions only ;)
  • edited November 2017

Life is like this!
    You get what you give! (Usually)

We all have two sides, some show theirs continually.

I stay away from arguments, my temper is far away..
    But don’t let me have to get it. (I won’t draw first blood)

Ego is a very powerful thing, and can be hurt in many ways. But this is not a place for ego, this is a place for music/BM3 discussions. These arguments (or however one wants to decribe) are not good for Intua.
    A lot of people have stopped using and reading this forum.
    “We need to stay positive ”, but even that statement can’t lead to negative “funny”

I’m still here because I’m very aware of myself and my behaviour and how it can an will affect others. Be aware..

At the end of the day, I sleep well, not thinking about who I've hurt, (as it’s ‘usually’ no one).

Sleep good people!

King

• This is all kinda ridiculous imo. Apologies @5pinlink. Apologies forum. I'll never mention brexit again! Maybe time to put it all back in to perspective a little now though and forget it?

Was just a petty disagreement and a few sentences spewed at the Internet by a couple of professional musicians that didn't see eye to eye. Probably mostly just down to the limitations of the written word and how easily tone/vibe can be taken the wrong way... Half the time I write I have kids climbing on me or whatever and just scribble shit out without thinking too much about it. Certainly the case with the brexit thing and what followed. People possibly shouldnt read quite so much in to a handful of throwaway thoughts on a music forum ;) Hardly a clear or entire representation of a person.. Often not even a clear or entire representation of an opinion or idea! Just idle chat that went awry...

But yeah, sorry if anyone was offended or bummed out. My grandmother's really sick recently and some other really exhausting stuff going on here. Kinda strung out in general and I probably reacted badly. Felt like I was getting kinda singled out and then insulted for no reason but apparently not the case and just bad judgment on my part. None of that's really a valid excuse but yeah... Sorry y'all and no hard feelings I hope @5pinlink
  • edited November 2017

Nice one @Heyez

Try not to take things to heart as much... everyone deserves to be treated with fairness and respect, and we all would speak out against any type of bullying or targeting of individuals if it ever happened. So trust all of us to uphold the standards of behaviour we expect of everyone who posts here, and please don't feel like a victim if someone directly contradicts your posts/ideas.

I also love making analogies, and must remember to be careful not to cross the line into political territory. Nothing is likely to divide us more than giving an opportunity for angry political flame wars --- @5pinlink was dead right to try to kill that discussion before it happened.

Now, has anyone see any sign of @5pinlink ? - I think we all need to reach out to our brother and call him back into this flock...

• edited November 2017

Hmmm... Let me just try somthing....

• I agree 100% let’s keep it civil. It’s all opinions and one is not better than the other.