Fieldscaper + BM3

edited November 2017 in General
Anyone in here on this workflow? Just copped Fieldscaper this week. Got my head round the oscs/lfo/fx sections from messing on my phone in spare minutes. Haven't touched the looper stuff yet tho or used it for anything serious. Wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks for using it in conjunction with BM3 (or hardware sequencers)? Like any sync/strech/midi/issues/tricks /automation kinda insights etc. Hoping to have a proper look at it tonight..

IAA sketches me out but would be cool to get it set up and use it with BM3.

Comments

• Yeah digging Fieldscaper a lot! Feel like an idiot for bailing on iPhone for 4 years and wasting so much sofa/tour time on android ;)

AU version would be dope. Think it has link iirc? Might look at linking phone and iPad for 6 tracks in to PC. Never used link before but that should work right? Saying all that, I'm not really doing stuff where the tracks need to be tight with each other atm. Kind of the opposite. But interested to look at learning the looper aspect asap then it might be useful to sync 6 tracks...
  • FieldScaper is great and not too hard once you get into it, but hard enough that you tend to forget how to operate it after periods of no use!

Anyway, the most straightforward combo is to just use it standalone to generate lots of material which is further sliced and played in BM3.
  • Had a minute to mess with this again earlier. Figured I could I use Link and IAA from BM3>Fieldscaper to record some BM3 patterns/synth stuff in to Fieldscaper as loops...fieldscaper has sync/signal threshold rec start and rec length options.

Some reason Fieldscaper is recording from iPad microphone instead of BM3 via IAA.... Can't find anywhere in Fieldscaper where I can specify rec input source...

I'm probably just being dumb, anyone shed some light?
  • I think you need to be in Looper mode. With F in AB effects slot, the Input button on the Looper page should tell you that AB is being used as input.

You prob need to read the manual from there. I recorded Figure using Loop M and Start buttons now, but it is quite confusing - reminds me why I wrote that earlier!

• Better yet, have a study here!
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/20623/live-audio-feed-into-fieldscaper-help-please

... and please report if you note a simple recipe one actually remembers ...

• Wait, that link was perhaps for mic input. If so, then I stand by my words that you need to be in Looper mode.

• Thanks @bleep.

I'll see if looper mode switches input source from mic to BM3. Pretty unintuitive app once you start to try to integrate/sync it via IAA/link. The continued 'joys' of ios where basic things become hard work :/