iRig Pro DUO inputs on BM3

edited November 2017 in General

I am going to buy the iRig Pro Duo to record audio from my hardware synths which have stereo output.

However, I think the two inputs on the iRig Pro Duo are mono and I was wanting to record the sounds from my hardware synth in stereo onto BM3.

I was thinking of connecting one line out of my synth to the line in of the iRig and the other line out to the other line in and creating two tracks and turning the panning on each track to the left and right positions on BM3 to get the stereo sound from my synth. Is this possible and could I do this with just one track instead of having to create two tracks?

Comments

• edited November 2017

Record as two tracks, hard pan, re-record as a single stereo file will work.
    I haven't sen any option in Beatmaker 3 to split or aggregate inputs in to mono or stereo ( i may be wrong, the interfaces i have tried with BM3 have been limited)

• edited November 2017

@5pinlink said:
    Record as two tracks, hard pan, re-record as a single stereo file will work.
    I haven't sen any option in Beatmaker 3 to split or aggregate inputs in to mono or stereo ( i may be wrong, the interfaces i have tried with BM3 have been limited)

I bought the iRig Pro Duo and by using the two mono inputs I can select the output in true stereo on one track on BM3 which is great. Unfortunately the iRig Pro Duo doesn't run on rechargeable batteries when using with iPad. I have to use oridinary batteries.