Resources forum, we have an issue !!!! Need suggestions

I created a dropbox account for forum resources, last couple of days i have created a couple of banks, the dropbox is now full (1gb, seriously, 2017, 1gb, you get 50gb with pcloud FFS)
I can host on my server but that means losing the super easy dropbox support built in to Beatmaker.
Is this an issue ? Is there better ways to do it ?
Worse comes to worse i will just stump up the £65 a year and get a 1tb account.

What are peoples thoughts on all of this.

Comments

• edited November 2017

Wasn’t Dropbox supposed to be 5GB free?
    Or has that changed now.

I have 2.2 gig.

But I hardly use Dropbox still.

King

• Its 1gb with an extra 1gb camera upload with app installed as far as i know.
    This is the options it has give me...

But yeah when i GooFu it, I see reports of 5gb too, but no way to get it ?

• edited November 2017

Nope the full 2gb is accessible, i forgot i had made 6 banks, couple of them where bigger than i thought hahaha (Salamander grand is 1.45gb lol) anyway the issue still stands even with 2gb hahaha.

• edited November 2017

Was just gonna say, it should be 2GB minimum.

There’s a lot of files that could be added instead of the salamander.

I mentioned to @vincent a while back about being able to use mp3 etc..
    It can be very useful.

King

• No worries then, I wont add the high quality banks, problem solved.

• edited November 2017

Coolio.

If it gets tight again, another way, is to create/register more Dropbox accounts. lol

King

• Nah, if i am using a service i rather pay for it, things closing down and everybody pulling the "Boohoo, they are closing down my free storage" makes my teeth itch.
    I think Dropbox works with my NAS's too, so i may be able to do weekly back ups of the resources too, but i will have to look in to that.

• I do like the idea of pitching in for the paid account so we don't have storage issues. I've got a 1TB Dropbox account, of which I only use less than 4%, so I was wondering if we could just set up a shared folder that allows others to upload into, and perhaps a few others have modify rights to it. I haven't tried to set it up yet but maybe it would work?

• edited November 2017

upload junk here
    https://www.dropbox.com/request/JDfZFL5KkZtRCAqURGPn

download junk that's been uploaded here
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7uht2np1l5pp7lc/AAAxRBIlnzyRJGg82llmd3Fga?dl=0

just tested and it looks like it works just fine. some modifications we might wanna make: a download folder that is separate and organized, so anyone can upload to the upload folder and it won't be available for download until someone with edit access organizes it, but this will prevent the download link from getting kiddypr0n uploaded into it, or something much less nefarious but still a chore to clean up.

• I’d pitch in. I think link you are on the right track. Backups would be good.

• @chaztrip said:
    I’d pitch in. I think link you are on the right track. Backups would be good.

if enough people pitch in then this could easily be possible, as long as everyone is ok with a certain individual having the power/control of the account that everyone has paid for. I don't have problems with it, but I'm trying to think of all the angles, pros/cons. technically a similar downside to my shared folder would be that if I stop paying for my account then access to the folder would go away, but no one would have paid for it, and someone could have been making backups of the content. in terms of normal activity without the account going away, dropbox does have built in backups of files to an extent (to which I haven't looked up yet). is that what you meant by backups?

• I’m down to pitch in! Thank you guys!