Entire Samples From Mars for $39

edited November 2017 in General
Just grabbed this -
Entire catalog for 39$ using the code 'allproducts39'
https://samplesfrommars.com/products/download-our-entire-store-instantly

Too busy this morning to download. Will sort it later but also wondering if anyone using Samples From Mars website+BM3 can give info whether it's possible for me to get these in to BM3 direct from iPad without using iTunes/Dropbox etc?

Comments

• edited November 2017

Files app? Thanks for sharing great deal

• Haven't really checked out the files app much yet to see exactly what it makes possible. Will have a look.

Yeah, killer deal. Don't often use sample packs but heard good things about S/F/M and listened to some of the demos. Deal seemed too good to miss out on!
  • edited November 2017
    P. S. I think that deal's limited to 50 sales and first come first served... Might disappear soon.

Edit - scrap that, they changed it to unlimited.
  • @5pinlink @mathieugarcia either of you gurus know if there's a way to download and bring this stuff in to BM3, using only iPad?

The Samples From Mars site when access the downloads page on Safari says something like 'on ios you'll need to use Dropbox or Files, otherwise you'll need to download on a computer and transfer via itunes'. But not sure how to get the download links to save to those apps? I hit one of the links and it just seemed to be loading for a long time. Dunno if that was downloading the samples and once downloaded I would have got an option to 'open in dropbox/files'. I gave up after a while. There was no 'downloading/progress' kind of thing onscreen...

Any insights? Cheers
  • Yeah its a complete nonsense @heyez, typical Apple silliness, you cant download direct, just long press the link and then tap share, download to files, choose Beatmaker 3 etc.
    That will download it direct to Beatmaker 3.
    Keep in mind here, if you just get a blank white panel when you press save to files, you are going to restart your iPad (More Apple nonsense)

• Cheers @5pinlink think I tried that when I was faffing with it earlier and it just saved a text file tho (text of the link...). Will look again tonight.. Yeah apple make simple things ridiculous!
  • Documents by Readdle is one app that is a very good companion to the Files.app.
    https://readdle.com/products/documents
    (That app also allows one to access smb shares and other on-line resources and works well as a 'downloader')

The 'Safari Integration' is also nice, if you have a link just add 'r' the beginning of the url field in Safari to launch the download in Documents (ie. if the link is http: add rhttp: to it).

• Wow, yeah it does just save a text file, that used to download stuff in previous versions of IOS, Apple really are complete pr**ks.
    Sorry, no then, that was the only way to do it direct, you are going to have to investigate file downloaders like Files HD or something.

• Files HD works, but it hasn't been updated for the files app sadly.

• edited November 2017

Ok this got me to try Aloha Browser, and i am so glad it did, built in VPN, built in AD Blocker, download, save to Beatmaker 3, delete, its close enough to downloading direct to Beatmaker as you can get, absolutely loving this thing :)
    Safari can kiss my jack haha

• Thanks peeps. Will check those apps out.
  • Its worth scoping Aloha just for the VPN alone :)

• I can download in Safari. Just hit the link and wait. It downloads. Then once complete you can open in Files to save it

• Haha I bailed too soon... Some kind of 'downloading files' bar/list on par with every other browser in the world might be a good idea Apple ;)
  • edited November 2017

@eclipxe said:
    I can download in Safari. Just hit the link and wait. It downloads. Then once complete you can open in Files to save it

Depends what file type it is, if it is a zip then yes, if it is wave files or mp3 or text documents etc, it will open them and not allow you to save to files (You can share to dropbox though)
    The thing i liked with Aloha was that i could not only save direct to Beatmaker 3 (Straight in to the samples folder if wav) but also files and then any folder i like direct in the Beatmaker 3 file structure.

• Fair point 5pinlink! I agree Aloha is pretty awesome.

• I won’t put this as a feature request, but how cool would it be if BM3 has a built in browser that could not just download files directly into your library, but also record/sample from the browser directly. Not sure if the SafariViewController in iOS allows you to capture audio or not, but wow If You could!

• edited November 2017

I was contemplating feature requesting this to be fair, just because we were running low on space on Dropbox for the resources files, I could have hosted the files direct and they could be downloaded straight in to Beatmaker, but @Ronji has offered up some Dropbox space, so didn't bother in the end.

• @5pinlink said:
    Its worth scoping Aloha just for the VPN alone :)

Wow. This is awesome

• I can't believe this deal is still going. I've heard of SFM but I haven't bought anything from them yet. I know it's all silly numbers, but their original price of $1181, discounted to $354.30, further discounted to $39??? freakin nuts. anyone bought this or other samples from SFM that have any comments on their stuff?

• There's a bunch of demos on their site ;) Decent collections from what I heard. Dunno when/if I'll ever get time to go through it all but seemed too crazy a deal to let it pass.

Besides the separate wavs for BM3 self-assembly, each pack comes with loops, grooves, Kontakt instruments, Ableton kits/instruments etc... Insane deal..
  • Yep insane. I now have a sample library and need to spend a whole lot of time organizing my external drives. But super impressed with the lin60 ableton kit and modular so far. Only two I’ve had time to deal with. Thanks for the find and thanks SFM!
  • Great price, really, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on this one (even at $39)

Maybe I'm just a bit burnt-out on all these 606, 808, Linndrum (etc) retro drum machines. Whatever the reason, I just found the demos a bit underwhelming.

I think I'll save my cash and invest it on a couple of new AUv3s (eg Odessa)