Anyone using the Foldr AU fx plugin?

I’ve been playing around with this plugin and it’s quite neat, but i’m having trouble saving custom presets. I have tried to use the BM3 ‘save preset’ function but this doesn’t work and there’s no easily identifiable method within the plugin itself.

Anyone using this plugin? Do you have any idea how to save a preset?

thanks
Carl

Comments

• What a completely useless name for a plugin, various google searches find nothing and even show a file explorer for IOS with that name, some of these developers are just ridiculous, i am sure they dont even want sales !!!
    And come on, can we stop this "just remove a letter, its cool" nonsense.

Rant over....
    Anyway without seeing it (for above reasons) if it doesnt have built in preset saving and loading, BM3 cant do it(something else that is ridiculous too)

• edited December 2017

here you go, @5pinlink :joy:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foldr-wave-folder-audio-unit/id1289484131?mt=8

if you like the name of foldR, wait till you see layR! haha, I hate this kind of naming, and using names that already exist in the same ecosystem as your own product, but alas I have looked at these apps and am considering buying them at some point.

http://www.livingmemorysoftware.com/foldrmanual.html

• so, I went ahead and picked it up. it is awesome, but it doesn't have user preset functionality unfortunately, so I guess that's the problem.

• I searched google for foldr ios audio unit and it came right up. Wasn’t that hard.

• edited December 2017

Doesnt show up in google here, i get a pages of file managers.

Edit
    I was using AU and AUv3 instead of audio unit, my point still remains, terrible name, terrible fashion of just removing a letter.

• And I searched for foldr iOS and had to wade through some results. Anyway this Is a great distortion effect plugin, but it needs user preset management!

Regarding how BM3 handles AUv3 states regardless of preset functionality, is it not possible for BM3 to save a preset using this “state” when the AU doesn’t have user preset management?

• Yeah it should be possible, if you save it as part of a project it should recall, we just cant save presets, or indeed load them.

• Yeah I love the sound of the plugin. Very nice!

• Thanks everyone for checking. It’s a nice plugin but really does need a way to save the user created patches. Seems strange to have missed this basic function with an AU app. Hopefully the devs will fix this.

I’m also not fond of the name, but it kind of fits.
  • Haha, that’s a lot of fuss over a name... love this little FX. Would like to see more tweaky stuff like this get released. I’m synthed out...

• edited December 2017

@GusGranite said:
    Haha, that’s a lot of fuss over a name... love this little FX. Would like to see more tweaky stuff like this get released. I’m synthed out...

Brambos is showing what the next generation of IOS developers is like, every last detail is thought about, including a search optimised name, and it will come back to him in spades as the mobile music making market gets bigger, which if companies like Avid/NI/Props and so on are to be believed, is growing faster than any other market space.

Then again it may just be me being an out of date LamR or LosR haha.

• App now renamed to WaveFolder!

• lol! As far as googling this app I have the same problem trying to find iOS AU plugins. It would be ok if Apple provided a App Store category for their iOS AU standard butt as it is every Tom, Dick and Harry app beginning with the letters "AU" pops up.