Background App refresh question (SOLVED)

edited December 2017 in General

Does anyone know if this affects audio apps on iOS if it is turned off system wide or changed per app?

Comments

• Most people recommend turning it off on everything, I’ve had it like that forever.

• @5pinlink @StudioES

appreciate the info guys. I am having cpu bouncing around performance issues all over with background app refresh off and on in BM3 so that’s why I ask. Trying to diagnose it. 
  • Any plugins or IAA running ?
    Is SIRI running or set up to search ?
    Is the display adaptive brightness crap set to off ?
    You aren't within a couple of days of the last time you did an IOS update are you ?
  • 5pinlink said:
    Any plugins or IAA running ?
    Is SIRI running or set up to search ?
    Is the display adaptive brightness crap set to off ?
    You aren't within a couple of days of the last time you did an IOS update are you ?
    No AU plugins or iAA loaded. No effects either.
    Turned Siri completely off. All Siri search suggestions off. 
    Display adaptive brightness off. 
    I did update to 11.2 literally 3-4 days ago. 
    Happens when I press play on transpose bar with pads playing small samples. 
    Disk streaming off
    Live stretch turned off
    Adsr turned off
    filter turned off
    Latency set 512 - 1024 on audio interface for testing purposes of CPU performance. Higher latency (less CPU)

The only thing that these pads are doing is sending midi out data. 
    CPU is nuts. 0% - 50% bouncing only when pattern or song plays. 

• edited December 2017
    Yeah thats nutso, I only get over 50% by running a couple of nice AU, and its only an Air 2 lol
    You got a ton of photos or anything on there ?
  • @5pinlink said:
    Yeah thats nutso, I only get over 50% by running a couple of nice AU, and its only an Air 2 lol
    You got a ton of photos or anything on there ?

Marking this solved. I can't fully replicate it. Think it had to do with midi output back to controller and too many unplugs of my hub while BM is open. I think it specifically states in the manual not to unplug/plug controllers and/or audio interfaces while the app is running even though it works.