latency from touch on recordings - but not live

I am not reporting this as a bug because I'm not totally convinced:
When playing pads on the iPad, there is no noticeable latency for me. However, when I am recording with no quantization, there is an annoying latency only on the recording.

When I record from a midi device, the recorded midi does not show the same latency that I consistently get when recording directly from the iPad. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it sounds like I'm just correcting my timing in my head when playing live, but its a significant difference. I can try and record an example if anyone else has experienced something similar. 

Comments

• Yeah if you can record data from the screen and then from the MIDI keyboard and save it in one as a session to upload, that would be good, i'm not noticing it, but my playing is crap anyway.
    What iPad out of interest ?
  • It's a 10.5 Ipad pro, purchased this summer. I'll post when I have time to record it. 
  • edited December 2017

@bcrichards said:
    I am not reporting this as a bug because I'm not totally convinced:
    When playing pads on the iPad, there is no noticeable latency for me. However, when I am recording with no quantization, there is an annoying latency only on the recording.

When I record from a midi device, the recorded midi does not show the same latency that I consistently get when recording directly from the iPad. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it sounds like I'm just correcting my timing in my head when playing live, but its a significant difference. I can try and record an example if anyone else has experienced something similar. 

i indeed posted this issue few day ago on the forum . there has been a 98%ish improvement with quantizse OFF setting with what i think is a now added option QUANTIZE NOTES DURATION ON/OFF in the Q screen - i set it too OFF