AU/IAA questions

Forgive me for not knowing much about AU/IAAs and how they function in iOS with multirouting apps. I astill don't have AUM, Modstep, or even Audiobus 3 (only audiobus2)  but still have many questions. Sorry if my questions are silly. 

1.  Which AUs/IAAs have their own sequencer with the ability to play the sequence with a midi note?  are there any?

2.  Does anyone have any recommended plugins to get or are considered must haves?

3.  Am I able midi control the parameters of an AU/IAA while it is loaded in BM3 without AUM/Audiobus?

I feel so stupid. 

Comments

• 1 you could use the sequencer in bm3. it's easy to use and has some nice features like trigger note repeats and stuff.
    2 i only have fac chorus. i never to use it but its had good reviews. best place to ask about stuff like that and 1 is the audiobus forum probably.
    3 you can assign bm3 macros to parameters of au or midi learn inside iaa like normal

• edited December 2017
    1 yes there are some, i don't know them all, but anything with an Arp built in is essentially an on board sequencer being triggered by MIDI.

2 At IOS prices i generally pick up anything on sale so i can test if people have issues, most will recommend Model15 by Moog, I will not, it is fairly limited and the CPU usage is too high for the sound it gives, plenty of people proclaim Zeeon as the current king, Personally for VA i think you have to go a long way to beat Poison 202 because of the way it cuts through a mix, one of my own personal favourites is Mersenne, it is the king of metallic bells and such.
    One developer i always hope everybody buys everything he makes (even if you don't want it lol) is @brambos, he is right at the forefront of AU design and pushes any new features Apple add as soon as he can, AU MIDI is going to owe a big part to him pushing forward with that tech before anybody else, and with a lot of this undocumented AU development side of things the first usually sets the standard, and he does that very well.

3 Yes you have AU automation and MIDI control as @canister mentioned.
  • Svep has that sizing issue, is it fixed now ?
  • Yeah refresh fixes for sure, its the only plugin that does it for me, i have all the klevgrand on desktop but not iPad yet.
  • edited December 2017
    @5pinlink @canister @StudioES ; you all have helped tremendously. I can now get more involved on the non-sampling/resampling side of things. Thanks, and obviously keep em coming if you know more AU/IAA/routing/sequencing or any sound palette recommendations. Also, I've been here for 2 weeks and still haven't tried resources available here on the forums. Need to do that.