3.0.8 got a bug with screen pinch and touch in song screen (freezing) after drag patterns into song

Comments

• The pattern and piano roll work fine.

Just the song view..

King

• @KING said:
    The pattern and piano roll work fine.

Just the song view..

King

@KING yep the most important piece of any music software.

• @beatmakerstorm said:

@KING said:
    The pattern and piano roll work fine.

Just the song view..

King

@KING yep the most important piece of any music software.

Indeed very important!

Usually 1 tap would create a Pattern, now it’s 2 (double tap). Just more info for technical.

I’ll be on this till it’s fixed, by me or we get an update..

King

• edited December 2017

Ok guys,

I’ve found a little workaround:

Go into ‘TRACK AUTOMATIONS’ and use the interface to zoom in an out. It’s not the best, but it’s better than what the top interface is doing.

The screen is a lot smaller but it can work!

I don’t let nothing stop me! ;)

If I get anything better I’ll let you know..

King

• @KING said:
    Ok guys,

I’ve found a little workaround:

Go into ‘TRACK AUTOMATIONS’ and use the interface to zoom in an out. It’s not the best, but it’s better than what the top interface is doing.

The screen is a lot smaller but it can work!

I don’t let nothing stop me! ;)

If I get anything better I’ll let you know..

King

ok thanks will try that

• Truss mi!

But I feel a little better now, knowing I can continue what I was doing..

King

• edited December 2017

My work around for weeks was to open the browser and drag in a MIDI file, that seemed to reset it for me, im not at the iPad at the mo to see if that still works.

The thread needs to stay on topic and calm down by the way, it was hard work reading it and that isn't fair if you want the developers to do so, two or three threads like this a day and i would personally ignore them !!

I am loathe to moderate or delete anybodies posts, but a few in this thread are on the edge, lets be civil towards Intua, just saying how i read it, no explanation needed from anybody, lets just calm down.

• I’m good with all of this, because I know my own conscience. And it wouldn’t allow me to sleep. Lol.

But I know my sleep will be sweet!

Positiveness is in a majority of my posts, it is who I am.

Blessed Love Brothers! (and Sisters)

King

• I’m gonna try that midi file thing and see what’s what.

Cheers,

King

• Its worth a try, i was able to get the freeze by starting a new session, dragging in a MIDI file, it would freeze, drag in a second MIDI file it would reset.

Its not ideal at all, and may have even stopped working because of the first fix for this.

• Just tried a few times with the midifiles, still the same. Oh well,

I’m still at it though..

King

• Aaaah bummer, when i get home I'll take another look, if i can get it to get mad, ill video and send it in ;)

• Thread tidied under request ;)

• So you guys can see in the pic below that there is still a good-ish amount of room to work until a fix is here..

King

• I just use the selection tool so there are no accidental stuff added.

King

• yo @king does this method mean you can now move the patterns on the arrangement screen and set the loop cycle without screen freezing?

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    yo @king does this method mean you can now move the patterns on the arrangement screen and set the loop cycle without screen freezing?

For me, I only get the not being able to select and move a pattern ‘rarely’. I’ve been able to set the loop cycle.
    The most common issue for me is the horizontal zoom.

Thought iPad rest overnight may have helped but no.

Thing is it just came all of a sudden, with no changes to what I was doing, I was just editing in the song view. :)

King

• edited December 2017

Just been messing about with the bottom interface, zooming in and out. Now the top one is working (that’s has not happened before) I don’t know how log for, but I hope it is something I have triggered to get it back.
    If I can get it to work consistently, I’ll let you guys know..

King

• @KING said:
    Just been messing about with the bottom interface, zooming in and out. Now the top one is working (that’s has not happened before) I don’t know how log for, but I hope it is something I have triggered to get it back.
    If I can get it to work consistently, I’ll let you guys know..

King

@king ok will try this - thanks

• edited December 2017

@KING @mathieugarcia yep your right - not the most convenient but it is a work around - really needs sorting this screen freeze issue Problem now for me though is the select and move tools stop working then work then stop working which equals to me being thrown off of composing my beats At this stage I have no choice but to leave BM3 for a bit as for now its a ampler with fx features Can't arrange a song - totally unusable Should not have to go engage track automation screen just to get the top screen unctioning That is the reason for having the option to turn on/off track automation screen.To add no copy / paste parts/patterns in the arrangement window.

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    @KING @mathieugarcia yep your right - not the most convenient but it is a work around - really needs sorting this screen freeze issue Problem now for me though is the select and move tools stop working then work then top working At this stage I have no coice but to leave BM3 for a bit a for now its a ampler with fx features Can't arrange a song - totally unusable

Glad you got it to work, somewhat.
    Yeah it’s ‘off n on’ with this issues. It was just ‘on’ = (buggy), for me a minute ago, and I played around so much, it crashed when I hit undo, after duplicating some Patterns. After crash and restart, works again (for now).

Not getting any issues with select and move, only create, I have to double tap.

I’m on the case, for a better solution.

King

• It’s too random!

Select issue is back. Got it to crash again though. Duplicate a bunch and undo.

Reporting as I find..

King

• edited December 2017

@KING said:
    It’s too random!

Reporting as I find..

King

@KING told ya bro the select tool goes weird and I can't handle having to type the word "bug" constantly - ok well iam gonna leave bm3 for abit no choice at this stage in developement - it's a shame really as all the other functions I do like.

• It has always been double tap to create a pattern ?

• edited December 2017

@5pinlink said:
    It has always been double tap to create a pattern ?

Was just coming here to write that.

When in ‘bug’ mode and things stop working, you can forget what was what, it can paradigm shift the whole universe lol

King

• edited December 2017

@beatmakerstorm said:

@KING said:
    It’s too random!

Reporting as I find..

King

@KING told ya bro the select tool goes weird and I can't handle having to type the word "bug" constantly - ok well iam gonna leave bm3 for abit no choice at this stage in developement - it's a shame really as all the other functions I do like.

Yeah the select thing was cool last night, (Apart from the beginning).
    But today... well..

I can get it to crash every time though.

Not gonna give up just yet..

King

• edited December 2017

Every time I come here and go back, it’s something different.

Now I can select again.

This is craziness! :)

King

• Ok!

Been using it all the same.

Another Big! workaround:

On the sequencer page, to select/add a pattern, or to use the loop setting, just keep one finger on an empty part of the screen, and do what you normally do.

Let me know how it works out for you guys.

I’ll probably find a full way to fix it soon.. ;)

King

• For a 2 page forum post about something not working, why can't I replicate anything you all are discussing. Zoom works fine for me. Pattern adding works fine for me. Movement works fine for me. So what am I missing?

• @KING

The last thing I did was backup all my projects and files to Dropbox and uninstalled/reinstalled BM3. So I didn't use the timeline before this. I know that may not be ideal, but might want to try that. I have no issues.