iMPC Pro 2 by Akai and Retronyms is out, they got a lot of catching up to do!

2»

Comments

• The only thing I thought might be useful in this app is the Spotify sampling. I sample frequently from Spotify...Not the cleanest source, but it does what’s needed. I thought cool and easy way to sample from Spotify and then use InterAp audio to get it into BeatMaker 3 without the computer middleman.

So... FYI... Spotify sampling? Sure... a random 30 seconds. That’s it. Garbage. You don’t get to decide what 30 seconds you are sampling from. How could they feel that is not essential for the user to know?

Im sure they are following marketing best practices (bullshitting). I’m sure that tidbit is tucked away in the manual. I’ll take responsibility for that...

Everyone that has made comments about retronyms not being straightforward: you are correct! Could have bought myself a nice meal instead. Retronyms got the last cent ever from me.

• Impc Pro 2 once again is great in theory but they are to close minded to understand that you need to depend on third party access and au. Bm3 seen that from the beginning even there product still had a lot of streamlining to do but you can use everything. Retronyms talks big but does little. Great advertisers but poor products.

Beathawk is still my go to into GarageBand and bm3. Impc Pro 2 is gonna end taking another L on this again.

• @StudioES try Audials radio, it doesn’t run as an AU or IAA but has built in audio capture and access to 1000s of stations ;)

No AU fx in IMPC according to Retronyms ;)

• I've been looking at the packs sold on AudioCopy and price checking them on Loopmasters. Buying a pack on AudioCopy gets you a dozen loops and some one shots. It's not the full pack by a long shot. For WAV packs you can get a lot of titles for anywhere between $10-30 on Loopmasters but on AudioCopy they go for between $3-10. I'd wager getting packs from Loopmasters directly is a lot more economical than AudioCopy in terms of what you get for your dollar.

No doubt Retronyms work very hard to stay in business but by ignoring users (incompatible apps) and cheating customers with fake features they deserve what's coming to them.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    I've been looking at the packs sold on AudioCopy and price checking them on Loopmasters. Buying a pack on AudioCopy gets you a dozen loops and some one shots. It's not the full pack by a long shot. For WAV packs you can get a lot of titles for anywhere between $10-30 on Loopmasters but on AudioCopy they go for between $3-10. I'd wager getting packs from Loopmasters directly is a lot more economical than AudioCopy in terms of what you get for your dollar.

No doubt Retronyms work very hard to stay in business but by ignoring users (incompatible apps) and cheating customers with fake features they deserve what's coming to them.

I’ve done that to and realized for what it’s worth it’s cheapier to get the bigger packs. You have to use the cpu to get them but you can drop them into audioshare once your done.

• edited December 2017

@stormywaterz said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    I've been looking at the packs sold on AudioCopy and price checking them on Loopmasters. Buying a pack on AudioCopy gets you a dozen loops and some one shots. It's not the full pack by a long shot. For WAV packs you can get a lot of titles for anywhere between $10-30 on Loopmasters but on AudioCopy they go for between $3-10. I'd wager getting packs from Loopmasters directly is a lot more economical than AudioCopy in terms of what you get for your dollar.

I’ve done that to and realized for what it’s worth it’s cheapier to get the bigger packs. You have to use the cpu to get them but you can drop them into audioshare once your done.

You don't need a PC. Use Documents by Readle. The browser is ace and you can move zipped downloads from Documents directly into AudioShare through Files.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@stormywaterz said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

You don't need a PC. Use Documents by Readle. The browser is ace and you can move zipped downloads from Documents directly into AudioShare through Files.

Thanks I’ll check that out

• I used the Native Kontrol apps for a while. Stray is an excellent example of a tuned-in developer who quickly turns feature requests into useful features.

Personally I’m trying to do everything in BM3 now. What I’ve learned over the years is that too much freedom = nothing gets done. Less gear = more focus. More focus = more creativity.

• I bought this iMPC Pro2 Tthree years back. I cant find an option to create 7/8, 5,8 etc time signatures. If any one know how to create these odd time signatures in iMPC Pro 2 Please help me