Beatmaker 3 now free?

13»

Comments

• I agree that half price for NAMM would not have upset people here in quite the same way that this does. There's something significant about making an app free - even if for just a short time.

Going free does usually signal that sales have completely dried up, and a new pay model might need to be tried.. which, if true for BM3, is concerning.

The possible longer term issue is that people who miss this offer will sit on paying for BM3, and will just put it in their wishlist waiting for the next freebie promo.

• edited January 2018

@ronji said:
    There's something about BM3.

It's that sexy girl next door with crooked teeth who moved in six months ago and has those Invisalign braces...

• @tk32 said:
    I agree that half price for NAMM would not have upset people here in quite the same way that this does. There's something significant about making an app free - even if for just a short time.

Going free does usually signal that sales have completely dried up, and a new pay model might need to be tried.. which, if true for BM3, is concerning.

The possible longer term issue is that people who miss this offer will sit on paying for BM3, and will just put it in their wishlist waiting for the next freebie promo.

Maybe a bold subscription move does need to be made. I know I'll sign up.

• edited January 2018

@5pinlink said:
    I couldn't care less about how much i paid, but i am worried that updates will be slowing down now.

Im not sure if three days of FREE and new users can slow down updates but this is my concern as well. The perception at first glance for many is the product is not solid in some areas. Both bugs and feature requests can't slow. Absolutely cannot slow, new users are going to see all the problems and support is going to be needed ten-fold.

@ronji @hansjbs Internal testing from a public release perspective is sometimes perceived as not being fully done. I can see why some want to beta test to catch things ahead of time. I would myself but I'm not going to ask. Maybe I can just prove myself as valuable just as much as anyone else that has helped make BM3 better. Bugs or requests Lol.

@Audiogus that's seriously awesome!

@Heyez I understand your panic and others frustrations. Intua could falter if they go subscription anytime soon. Expect a possibility with desktop version release though. And all of a sudden subscription would make sense.

@tk32 well put and utterly true in digital economy. Serious mobile music production/performance is going to change for the mainstream. Intua needs to be on that forefront. 3 days free at NAMM is best thing ever to get hardcore musicians/producers on board as well as big devs/indie devs on the AU bandwagon etc.

@Sygma @Hirokoaiisdead good attitudes. :)

• edited January 2018

Trust me, if Intua fixed every bug reported to them during beta, you would get a new release once a year, so by all means lets add more beta testers and have one release a year instead of one a month.

It is so much more valuable to have somebody like @ronji bomb testing and video logging full releases it is beyond belief, and no disrespect to anybody else but everybody only gets involved in bugs 'They' find, @ronji is tirelessly smashing everything reported (just using him as an example, not saying others dont do the same)

As for updates not slowing down, my worry is this, the 'Warez kiddy' attitude that this will enfoster, "No idea how you do this in BM3, who cares got it for free, dont use it its garbage" which is exactly what happened on the desktop when Warez were everywhere, and lets be clear here, BM3 is no quick fix, two touches and i have a song.

And right now before the free release, 75% of users on Audiobus = BM is too hard to use, this is not going to grow the userbase as much as some think.

Like i say i dont give a s**t about the price i paid, i just hope Intua will still be around to feed my habit ;)

• @ronji yes thanks for getting the video notes. Sometimes I can’t get to them. Much appreciated!

@5pinlink you are right. The most simplistic user or freebie hoarder isn’t going to care at all.

• @5pinlink @mefisme thanks =) I do what I can!

I'm hoping this ends up being mostly positive for BM3, and from what I've seen @mathieugarcia say, and the new BM3 video series Intua is working on, I'm not yet afraid of development slowing down. It surely will slow once there's less/no crucial bugs to fix, less things to improve on. People still use BM2, apparently. I'm hoping anyone who scoops the app for free and ditches it won't really hurt or detract much from those who love the app and stick with it. I know that when I look at videos, reviews, and comments on software, I ignore all the "it sux it's too hard" and trust comments with more substance.

• I don't know about you, but I want my money back!
    FREE? That's not cool at all...

• edited January 2018

@suddenly said:
    I don't know about you, but I want my money back!
    FREE? That's not cool at all...

We've already had this conversation:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6209/beatmaker-3-now-free

Perhaps chill down and post more constructive messages?

EDIT: this post (above) was originally made in a separate thread in response to the above post by @suddenly. Both posts were subsequently merged into this thread.

• edited January 2018

@suddenly i merged your thread in to this one.
    But i am pretty sure you will never even comeback, joining just to make one post lol.

• edited January 2018

• We have now passed genuine concern and are well in to "Going to post just to cause s**t"
    In the morning i am locking the thread and letting it die, get your rants in while you can ;)

Intua have made it free, their choice, done and done.

• edited January 2018

Better option would have been:

• Beatmaker 2 also "Now Free"
    • 66% OFF (the overpiced) kits

You're welcome Intua....

• @mixbay said:
    Better option would have been:

• Beatmaker 2 also "Now Free"
    • 66% OFF (the overpiced) kits

You're welcome Intua....

Overpriced kits ?
    And people wonder why most developers avoid IOS !!

• As someone who has purchased several kits, I’d say they are not overpriced. You can always make your own.

• I have to laugh at anyone who complains about pricing on iOS.

Everything is cheap.. even when it's at full price.

• @tk32 said:
    I have to laugh at anyone who complains about pricing on iOS.

Everything is cheap.. even when it's at full price.

+1

When I logged in to this forum today, saw this post and read that there was 76 comments already, naturally I had to see what this was about! As @tk32 posted above, I totally agree and cannot believe how rediculous we as users/purchasers of iOS apps can get. I personally am glad I am not a developer, putting in all the time and effort creating the app and the only way to make money is by volume sales and then very little appreciation, just “whining” about bugs and wanting more features (and wanting them now-not later) and wanting the fixes and the new features for FREE.
    I understand everyone is allowed their own opinion (and as someone who doesn’t post very often) I am not trying to throw fuel onto this fire. I will be back, back to this forum, not one and done! I appreciate what @mathieugarcia has done with BM2/BM3, hopefully BM4 and more. I personally care less what anybody else pays for this and any other app. I feel @mathieugarcia, @brambos, and too many other Devs to mention, should be charging MORE for their efforts! I believe BM3 being FREE during NAMM is a brilliant idea on INTUA’s part!!
    Stepping down from the soapbox.

• For the record @J_B1GS is not a one post merchant, in fact he has been helping with images and install sizes for all the AUfx threads ;)

• edited January 2018

Thanks @J_B1GS for grabbing those images and @5pinlink for the threads! It’s nice to have. Btw, get that APC40 out of storage! Let’s jam together!

• edited January 2018

@mefisme said:
    Thanks @J_B1GS for making those threads! It’s nice to have. Btw, get that APC40 out of storage! Let’s jam together!

He grabbed the images for me, i made the threads lol
    (I am only straightening that up because somebody will accuse me of putting my name on his threads or some other nonsense hah)

• @5pinlink my bad. Edited post.

• Hey everyone!

I will just have to thanks everyone who understand this move. Again, this is something we're just doing during NAMM. It is pretty gutsy, and I wasn't expecting so much reaction from it, to be honest.

It raised plenty of questions, some people understand it, some people hate it, some people love it. We were pretty much prepared for that.

It gives the opportunity to anyone with an iPad to start creating music. More people on board also means more understanding of what people want / don't want / expect. In the end, this will hopefully benefit everyone. Making the perfect app that suits everyone's need is impossible, but making a solid app with a concise feature set is.

Part of this event was also to get a little bit of exposure during NAMM, so the semi-pro / pro crowd can see what's possible to do on an iPad. Sure, BM3 is only "showcasing" part of that, there's plenty more apps out there with the great collection of AUv3 plugins and other DAWs available.

Let's not jump to any conclusion now, let's just enjoy the moment, and welcome everyone to join our ranks!
    BeatMaker 3 will still be updated, improved, polished, that's the main goal. Plenty of exciting things to come.

Have a good day!

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• And with that, i'm closing the thread, it has now all been said, repeated, rinsed and said again, if anybody is outraged, there is a thread for you at the audiobus forum ;)

This discussion has been closed.