BM3 Battle #06 - Junglist Massive! (Deadline March 11)

Comments

• @denx dude, make some ambient jungle if that’s what you feel! Check this tune out: (may not be considered ambient, but it’s the first thing I thought of)

@5pinlink you know you’re usually the one who would answer that kind of question! Haha, are you teasing the subject of your next tutorial vid? =D

Also, this is universally a fantastic jungle tutorial, regardless of DAW

• @ronji cheers, there’s seems to be some ambient involved (and a LOT of work ;) )

• edited March 2018

Well yeah i should have said Reese not sub bass really, and its a detuned something, but iver never quite nailed it exactly.

• Ambient jungle, I have tended to think of this Biosphere track as a good one if you like it repetitive and minimal (drums start around 1:40). Maybe the jungle police will not approve?

• Weird, just loaded up Poison 202 and it is absolutely terrible for Subs hahaha, so clicky, no matter what, cant even add a bit of attack to declick it, obviously could sample it down and just cut the click out, but damn, that synth just went way down in my books :(

• Personally, I've found Kauldron better for subs

That's the reason it recently went up in my books ;)

• I was doing some new Reeses etc for the next pack, the main bass is a new one, the rest is all previous packs on the forum, luckily i had a 5% low battery warning, i was just about to start editing and finding vocals and all sorts lol.

• @5pinlink hell yeah! Looking forward to the new pack. =) I hope you can find time to throw something together for a battle submission!

• Its doubtful, gotta get the current packs reformatted so its out the way, bunch of people already downloaded again thinking they where all redone lol

• A quick wy to get some random inspiration using the new shiny shiny of the forum kits :)

• Well done @5pinlink =) glad you put a lot of thought into the construction of your kits so things like that work so well!

• edited March 2018

by the way, here's a oldie...

Why did the lion get lost?
    Cos the Jungle-is(t) massive

• Here’s mine, enjoy!

• @denx yes! :lol: diaper bomb! nice sample use and clean jungle bass!

• @ronji thanks! Straight from my daily life ;)
    Drum samples come mostly from your and @5pinlink ‘s jungle kits, so thank you both again!

• @ronji said:

Yes! Great video

Jamming on my beat for tomorrow’s deadline ..... can loop start / loop end not be automated?!?! How to timestretch vocalsh!?

• @denx - nice one, man!! :D

• edited March 2018

@starpause said:

@ronji said:

Yes! Great video

Jamming on my beat for tomorrow’s deadline ..... can loop start / loop end not be automated?!?! How to timestretch vocalsh!?

Can’t automate loop points =(
    I time stretch vocals by putting them on a pad, setting the sample bpm, then slicing the vocals and making adjustments to the sample bpm if necessary. Oh and toggle live stretch = on =)

• edited March 2018

@ronji can you get the extreme stretch fx from the video that way? I find I have to stretch - record to audio and stretch again at least once to get more extreme fx due to the 300 bpm limitation, so any shortcuts would be welcome!

• @denx said:
    @ronji can you get the extreme stretch fx from the video that way? I find I have to stretch - record to audio and stretch again at least once to get more extreme fx due to the 300 bpm limitation, so any shortcuts would be welcome!

Yeah unfortunately time stretching for effect like that does require resampling tricks or using another app. =(

• Eagerly waiting for the beats to drop...

:)

• @ronji said:

@denx said:

Yeah unfortunately time stretching for effect like that does require resampling tricks or using another app. =(

Yeah, I loaded my vocal samples up in Vancouver gadget where you can automate loop points... Instant trashy stretch! Exported 170 bom loops of stretchy axtion

• edited March 2018

What do you get if you cross a lead balloon with a tumbleweed ?

• Is that a joke, or reference to the lack of entries so far? ;)

Here's another one...

Even if they kill D&B, we'd still have rum and ass

• When do we start voting ?
    Pretty sure you are both in the top 3 lol

• I'm counting on @ronji to eliminate me with a homemade neuro and tasty amen

• does that just work?

mp3 which is sure to sound better:

https://weeklybeats.com/starpause/music/outdoor-activity

thanks for the fun contest! i've got to dig back through weeks 1-4 to see what genres were hit up because the past two have been good schooling and inspiration =)