Are audio effects both in-line and insert effects?

2»

Comments

• I won’t make the situation anymore confusing and just drop it. I used the wrong terminology again. I understand you. Your document is fine and very handy for all users. Sorry to bother.

• Its no bother ;)

• @5pinlink said:

If you record with effects on the input, they are recorded (Inserts) we do not have monitor effects yet, most DAWs dont have them yet, so you just use the two track approach i posted above, its a standard set up.

Please let me know how I can record a dry signal while listening to the effects effecting the single using only one track as I can simply do with all the DAWs mentioned above by default, and not two tracks as you suggest, or sending to the FX channel.

This is the standard implementation of FX behavior I am accustom to. I tested all the DAWs I mentioned and can record a dry signal while listening to the effected signal by default using only one track. If you don't know this then you need to check it out, because otherwise you are giving incorrect information. Even Beatmaker 2 does it so there was a decision not implement it in the next version. If it is not possible in Beatmaker 3 as you state then this DAW deviates from the behavior of the other DAWs I mention.

• OK i bow to your expert knowledge ;)