BM3 Battle #07 - BANK💢BANK💢 (Deadline March 31st for banks, 14th April for songs)

Comments

• Here’s my bank =) warning, it’s a bit weird.

Bank preview:

Bank download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq6goat0nlf7f8v/otamatonez.zip?dl=0

• edited March 2018

The demo sounds like something Hedj would do, sick !!!

• @5pinlink the dnb producer? Thanks! If you’re talking about me =D I almost didn’t do a demo, but during my lunch break I decided to go ahead and make something!

• edited March 2018

Speaking of demos.. here's a little preview of Dean's lovely Pin Code bank (running through Discord 4)

P.s. anyone know how to get better quality sound when screen recording in iOS11 (without having to redub using rendered BM3 audio)?

• @tk32 pretty sure you can’t get better quality audio with iOS screen recording. =( not only does it only capture the left channel (and mirrors it to the right channel), it appears to record audio at a variable bit rate. I copied 3 screen recording videos into AudioShare, because it can play videos and convert to audio, and it shows the audio bit rates as 101 kbps, 81 kbps, and 67 kbps. These were all videos of BM3 with various samples playing. I haven’t inspected the audio quality of the videos in any other setting, though.

• edited March 2018

Thanks for confirming what I already suspected. Dubbing with a rendered Wav seems the best option then, at least if good quality stereo audio is important :/

• So yeah should the title of this thread be updated to indicate the bank submission deadline of March 31? Or the song submission deadline of April 14? =)

• Happy now ? Hahahaha.

i thought i had edited that ages ago, my mistake :(

• @5pinlink said:
    Happy now ? Hahahaha.

i thought i had edited that ages ago, my mistake :(

Yes, thanks! =D

• edited March 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Ill stick to Kawai thanks ;)

oooh you asked for it!!! (wait, no you didn't... but... i made some kawai banks anyway)

chiptune kawai k1 single cycles - 1mb
    classyq kawai k1r free - 6mb

demo (yt ios still fzkt):

@DeanDaughters @tk32 purty sound in that bank/demo!

• edited March 2018

Synth 02 is uploaded.
    16 presets.
    I can't be arsed doing a demo video, if somebody else wants to, feel free.
    While strictly speaking i'm not actually entering the competition, these where done for the competition.

https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6502/synth-02-instruments-misc#latest

• Thanks.

Go on.. please enter.

• edited March 2018

Not long to go until the bank deadline (and excitement for the composition phase is building)

is anyone else planning to contribute a bank in the next 6-12 hours?

• Working on a bank...

• I was going to do a bank of cinematic styledrum hits, but i ran out of time before i had to leave for AJ vs Parker, so the synths will have to do lol.

• Right, how do I share a bank??

• AJ vs Parker - need to watch that!

• OK, I got it, Bank Presets...

• It’s not midnight yet on the west coast of Canada so here’s my bank. I went digging for you lovely people. All fresh cuts that I hope have never been sampled before :wink:
    I even found one that sounds like Busta Rhymes ‘Got You All In Check’ from another universe. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/catcpdd4r8kaoux/GusBankBank.zip?dl=0

• Excellent. Thanks Gus!

• Such good cuts!

• @starpause perhaps now would be a good time to set rules about not posting in-progress tracks or early submissions before the deadline? I was wondering if we should all try to drop our entries on the same day (14 April)?

P.s. I'm having huge fun putting a track together with all these different banks, even though I have to keep fighting the urge to load a synth over the top! Just glad there is no genre restrictions.

• These banks are superb. Nice work everyone.

• @GusGranite said:
    I even found one that sounds like Busta Rhymes ‘Got You All In Check’ from another universe. Enjoy.

NICE! Got you in the bank bank!

@tk32 said:
    I was wondering if we should all try to drop our entries on the same day (14 April)?

Yeah, I updated the top post with my preference for us to all drop at the same time... but not going to bust balls over early submissions.

I do hope that everyone starts their compo tracks today even if there's no way to police WIP from the past two weeks 👮🏻‍♀️

P.s. I'm having huge fun putting a track together with all these different banks, even though I have to keep fighting the urge to load a synth over the top! Just glad there is no genre restrictions.

Well... @5pinlink did give us some synth biz, the kawai banks have lots of melodic content, and anything can be trimmed down to a single cycle waveform instrument (then from there, modulate a few linked pads to get more evolving complex tones).

Really excited to see the directions people take things and yeah, no genre resitrictions means we should have plenty of variety!!!

• Good luck everybody!! Looking forward to hearing what everyone does with these same ingredients.

I suppose you could call it BM3 Battle Chef :)

• @starpause said:
    I do hope that everyone starts their compo tracks today even if there's no way to police WIP from the past two weeks 👮🏻‍♀️

Lol, I’ll be starting mine two nights before the deadline as before...

• @GusGranite said:
    Lol, I’ll be starting mine two nights before the deadline as before...

:D :D :D