BM3 Battle #08 - Acapella-GO! (Deadline 20th of May - Brambos Perforator Prize)

123457»

Comments

• @ronji said:
    You're not down with the male sounding -5 semitone detune? =D Thanks!

I've only managed to listen to yours so far before I posted mine, and it's dope =)

the detune HELPS but doesn't HEAL 😷 😜 i'm just being whiney about the starting point which i wasn't / am not a fan of but everyone did a great job creating something unique and rad out of it 💪

• @Audiogus said:
    Aww thanks Starpause. That upward vocal sweep was either the power of Sugarbytes fx... or hmmm... I think it maay be Emo Chrous actually... yah just tuning knobs creating a doppler effect of sorts I think.

i didn't realize sugarbytes had auv3 stuff... these plugins are shaking me down in 3 months harder than gadget did in 3 years 💸

• @ronji just love the detail you put into your beats. Especially the first minute and half of this track. Pure class!

• @starpause said:

@GusGranite said:

SO CYBER N SOMBER great job constructing that vibe! download?

Cheers!

Here’s the DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3ovkk7v25otsog/Granite Rokk - Papilio.wav?dl=0

• @starpause that festival looks incredible! I’m the tech lead for a public school district and passionate about science and the arts connecting. I expect some of the high school staff and students would be interested as well. Does your company connect with media arts students or anything like that? Is the festival virtual as well as on site?

• @starpause said:

@Audiogus said:
    Aww thanks Starpause. That upward vocal sweep was either the power of Sugarbytes fx... or hmmm... I think it maay be Emo Chrous actually... yah just tuning knobs creating a doppler effect of sorts I think.

i didn't realize sugarbytes had auv3 stuff... these plugins are shaking me down in 3 months harder than gadget did in 3 years 💸

Effectrix and Turnado are IAA fx but they did recently make Unique an AU synth so a good sign of things to come.

• Thank you everybody!

I'm gonna post the voting thread in about an hour's time, then everyone will have approx 48 hours to listen to all entries again and cast their vote.

This one is going to be interesting!

• @starpause said:

@nkdVKNG said:

@denx said:
    Needs glue, a lot of polish and tlc, but hey, its here and at least slightly greasy 😸

I enjoyed that a lot. I say screw the glue and keep it greasy!!! The way you freaked the vocals into synths was awesome

oooo glitchy biz the chopped vox really work (listenable;) and dat bass comming in at the start gave me an idea things would be fun... then delivery! would take a dl if you can pm??? :>

Thank you, I’ll see what I can do😊
    Love the way you slap your dishes together!

• @GusGranite said:
    @Audiogus - love your clean production. Really enjoyed your track.
    @nkdVKNG - nice beats and vibe. From your comment it sounds like it wasn’t easy to keep it BM3? What’s your usual setup?

Well Bm3 got me back in the game heavy again, but my choice weapon is Ableton. May start a combo of the two very soon

• @starpause said:

@nkdVKNG said:

Hope you all enjoy! Tried my best on the platform.

VIBES! wish there was more build/break but solid none the less

Thx 😁😁

• @denx said:
    @nkdVKNG thanks!
    I enjoyed your track a lot too, nice voodoo groove to it 😁

@denx said:
    @nkdVKNG thanks!
    I enjoyed your track a lot too, nice voodoo groove to it 😁

Thank you thank you 😁

• edited May 2018

@nkdVKNG said:

@GusGranite said:
    @nkdVKNG - nice beats and vibe. From your comment it sounds like it wasn’t easy to keep it BM3? What’s your usual setup?

Well Bm3 got me back in the game heavy again, but my choice weapon is Ableton. May start a combo of the two very soon

It was so hard to not just load that vocal up in Samplitude and chop and stretch it to fit. I really wanted to have more variety but pretty much just stuck to the variations of the butterfly hook.

Hehe, I could totally see your spidey avatar dancing to your sweet track.

• @starpause said:

@Gravitas said:

lufffffin de halftime beats and swirlllly chill out. i'd like the vocals to be dubbed out too 😅🤐😅 and once the orchestra bits come in and the vocals are swelling crazy it's got so much class 🎩

Thank you @starpause
    I was going to do some serious vocal edits but I simply didn't have the time.
    I also would've liked the vocals to have been dubbed out.
    We shall see for the next one.

• @Audiogus said:

@nkdVKNG said:

@GusGranite said:

It was so hard to not just load that vocal up in Samplitude and chop and stretch it to fit. I really wanted to have more variety but pretty much just stuck to the variations of the butterfly hook.

Hehe, I could totally see your spidey avatar dancing to your sweet track.

Thx 😊 he's definitely groovin lol

• @GusGranite said:
    @starpause that festival looks incredible! I’m the tech lead for a public school district and passionate about science and the arts connecting. I expect some of the high school staff and students would be interested as well. Does your company connect with media arts students or anything like that? Is the festival virtual as well as on site?

connect with the edu community as much as is possible, have connections at the bay area arts colleges, i just gave a talk at one last month. students get 50% off tickets and have volunteer opportunities if that's still too much.

so far it's an IRL fest but we are thinking about how to run a workshop or two online =)

• There is seems to be some musical event with the name of BM3 Battle #08 - Acapella-GO and all the music enthusiast can come here and make the most of it and apply before the deadline that is 20th May. So get ready for it and no need to waste more time in case you didn’t register yourself yet. This would probably be a battle about creating new remix songs that swept everybody on the floor and make you feel like dancing.

The best thing about it is that here you can create your own music and do something different and out of the ordinary that make your mark in the history of musical events. Just utilize your creative side and feel it inside your bones so you could really make something that drag people on their feet. Just make innovative music with this acapella that would portray your passion for music through your musical creations and yes https://getsongbpm.com/ will definitely helpful source for you. Good Luck