Bm2 to bm3 file transfer

Yesterday I spent a good while transferring songs from bm2 to bm3. Once I got the process down it went pretty smoothly I say.

One of the tips I can share is leave no blank pad spaces on your bm2 drum pads and everything will line up nicely in bm3 midi channels. And delete all your effects since they don’t transfer and that will speed up process for bm3 to load since it doesn’t have to search for it.

A couple cons I see and maybe this can be fixed in future for others who are gonna to do it is in bm2 I can have a single pad and in the midi editor you can change the tune setting and that doesn’t transfer to bm3. The sample goes back to its original state. I have to seperate my sample to different pads to use those semi tones in the sample editor to accomplish that in bm3 since the midi editor doesn’t support that. Also in bm2 I can make the drum pad an instrument and play different octaves but that doesn’t transfer over also. Reverts back to original sample sound and yourbstuck trying to find your notes so I have bm2 and bm3 open jumping back and forth to ensure I’m creating the right notes again.

Also secondly is that a couple times the sounds would sound different after transfer and I would have to do a complete reload of that sound but at least the midi is there. That’s small potatoes.

The process is smooth once you get it down. Hopefully there can be some adjustments made I still have about a hundred files to transfer. One thing that bugs me is you have to have internet to do it with Dropbox or iTunes cpu access. I’m just thankful in the end though to be able to move files.

Comments