β€Ί

ENDED: BM3 Battle #8 - Acapella-Go (Winner is Audiogus)

Comments

• @ronji thank you very much (also for beeing less critical of my rather poor mix than your well polished track!) 😊

• Well, Once again my vote goes to......@ronji. I think you hit the mood of the vocals best (to my ears ;-))

Great entries from the rest though! This one was very tough.

@ronji: sounds great on my headphones too ;-)

• Thanks y'all! Dang maybe I'm being too hard on myself haha. @denx your track hit me with all of the surprises and the melodies and the super fun vibe of it. It's really been stuck in my head, man. I absolutely love it! I didn't really find problems with your mixing, but as we've seen in this thread, the intended sound is only really known to the producer =)

I do intend on giving more specific feedback for all of the tracks. I really liked what each person did to their tunes, and it's like everyone was a super close second!

• Thank you for the votes.

The calibre of the entries has been very high
    it was hard to choose when it came to my vote.

It has been a wonderful test of
    my skills on the BM3 platform.

• Thanks again @ronji, I appreciate your appreciation 😁

I suppose being stuck in a pair of headphones leads one to be a bit hypercritical after a while. The number of times you have to listen to your own stuff put under a magnifying glass πŸ˜‚

• Just had a cool idea. For one of the upcoming battles we could run a completely blind vote. All entries would just be labelled A/B/C/D... with no details about the artist ;)

• @tk32 said:
    Just had a cool idea. For one of the upcoming battles we could run a completely blind vote. All entries would just be labelled A/B/C/D... with no details about the artist ;)

I’m down with that =) it would also require at all of the tunes are shared in a nondescript way, not from the artist’s SoundCloud. And hopefully no one secretly reveals their tune’s identity to others until voting has ended!

• We can work out the details. We could even setup a dedicated battle soundcloud account

• edited May 2018

Everybody should just be submitting wavs, that way im good to go with doing a mix.

• Sounds like an interesting experiment πŸ™‚

• A battle account could also be convenient place to make battle playlists...

• Where would be a good place to post links to these wavs? Maybe Not everybody feels comfortable with publically sticking them up on the forum...

• You could always PM a private dropbox link to @5pinlink or me

• edited May 2018

I love them all, really, but after much deliberation and inner turmoil... @denx gets my vote.

His track sure is a little rough around the edges, and the percussion is rather vanilla 'boots and cats', but there is something infectious (greasy?) about the way he has chopped and mangled those vocal cuts, which I've grown to know intimately these last few weeks, and he has managed to morph Alicia Keys' voice into some seductive alien you can't get out of your mind. He also included a lovely breakdown, as requested in @ronji's original brief. Love it!

I think @GusGranite would have been my second choice, for his awesome other-wordly sound sculpting, though @Gravitas' track ending was indeed sublime!

Bring on the next battle already.. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone here comes up with next!

• FYI, voting closes in about 9 hours

• edited May 2018

3 hours left to vote...

Winner will be announced at 8:00 GMT/UTC

• @tk32 thanks for the props, dude. ☺️

• @tk32 thank you, you make me blush! 😊

• Congrats @Audiogus! Looking forward to seeing what you decide for the next battle. =)

• Congratulations @Audiogus
    Well done

• @Audiogus well done indeed 😁

• Well done everyone, congratulations @Audiogus, you deserve it

• Aww, thanks folks, I appreciate the support. That means a lot. :)

• edited May 2018

<_<
    Also I hereby dub @denx the "champion's choice" winner for this round, which equates to nothing more than bragging rights hahaha
    >_>

We could make that a thing as long as the previous battle champion is still the one hosting the next round =)

• Nice one @Audiogus!! Wicked tune and worthy winner! Very professional sound you achieved.

• Congratulations @Audiogus! I hope to join one of the next battles again, as it was so much fun the first 2 times...!

@everybody in this discussion: keep up the great work!

• edited May 2018
  • Start a new thread just for it @tk32 past/present/future comp entry doenloads for the mix tape

• I don't do it for the votes but luv on whoever layed me one =)

• Thanks everyone 😁