Anon battle entries discussion

This discussion was created from comments split from: BM3 Battle 10 - MasterOneSynth.

Comments

• @d4d0ug Shall we go with named, or anonymous entries when it comes to the vote?

There was a discussion about a potential shared SoundCloud login a while back.

• I like anonymous in many ways, comments should by definition be more ad rem.
    But it raises a few difficulties as far as I can see, one, which is actually kind of interesting, is that you will need to give some kind of feedback on your own track (otherwise, what would be the point) or find anoher way around that, secondly, you need an administrator for the soundcloud account (that isn’t allowed to vote?)...

• I'm happy to be the batle admin if we ever want to give anonymous entries a trial

I'll forgo my vote, and won't comment on entries until after voting closes.

• edited June 2018

@tk32 better for me to be soundcloud admin as i am not entering or indeed as involved as you are in the battles.
    So it just leaves me to anonimize the entries ?

• edited June 2018

@5pinlink that's a very generous offer, if you're happy to help us out :)

• edited June 2018

Therefore it goes like this...

See below for revised steps.

• Might just be easier if they link me their files, i will upload and obviscate the names at the same time ?

• edited June 2018

Great, thanks. In that case...

1. We create a shared SoundCloud account (5pin as admin)
    2. Everyone submits their entry by PM'ing a download link to 5pin (Dropbox/WeTransfer/etc.)
    3. 5pin randomises the entries and obfuscates by assigning a track number to each, then uploads to SoundCloud in bulk.
    4. tk32 lists all the anonymous tracks in the voting thread

(BONUS) we get access to high res original copies of all entries — not the ones mangled by SoundCloud — which could be used for mixtapes, compilations, or just for archiving.

• Split for tidying ;)

• Great 😁
    Thanks @5pinlink and @tk32 for organising!