First Submission

I've been plodding along silently with BM3 since March and I've finally gotten to a point where I'm comfortable with it. Here's something I made a short while ago.

Comments

• Sounds great - and so glad you felt ready to share your music with us. It's a big step!

Can you talk a little about what tools and plugins were used to create this?

ps. you really should consider entering our monthly forum battles. :)

• Dope ass track!!

• Excellent tune! I’m diggin the vibe.

• Really dope! I’d be interested to know what plugins you used.

• edited June 2018

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I actually used one instance of Zeeon and bounced it to audio over and over and over again to get the different synth sounds in this one. The rhodes is none other than Tines by KLEVGR. Processing-wise there's a shit ton of Fuzzplus3, Discord4, DAW Cassette and FAC Chorus/Transient all over this thing. I've also treated the master bus as if I were getting ducking out of an SP404. There's a FAC maxima on there with it's threshold ripped all the way down. That being said, the mixer looks pretty silly with the drums cranked and all other elements significantly quieter in the mix, but I just used my ears and adjusted elements until they fit just right.

I'm using a 2017 iPad, so the limited resources and having to constantly bounce to audio have been a pretty good push to actually get ideas out and stick with them. I highly recommend that as an aid to anyone who's stuck in a creative rut.

• This is great stuff. Thanks for the insights as well.

• I love the groove on this. Hypno-funk!

• Not my sort of tune, but it is extremely well put together.

There are a few elements here and there that are extremely loud compared to other elements, have a listen on phone speaker, they jump out ;)