BM3 Battle 11 - Wood Rat (VOTING CLOSED - Winner is DaFingaz)

edited August 2018 in BeatMakers Showcase

The voting has now closed, and the winner of the battle is...

Winner:

DaFingaz - "Is it right" (Track K)

Here is a list of who made each track:

• Track A - MSandoval
  • Track F - DenX
  • Track K - dafingaz
  • Track L - tk32
  • Track R - Dean Daughters
  • Track S - tk32 (bonus)
  • Track V - Ronji

Original post below:

Another month, another fine array of battle entries.

Prepare yourselves, this one is going to be epic!

Track A:

Track F:

Track K:

Track L:

Track R:

Track S:

Track V:

—-
As usual, many thanks to @5pinlink for receiving and anonymising all entries. And thanks to @DeanDaughters for setting us such an interesting challenge.

If you want to read more about this Battle, see this thread:
https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6854/bm3-battle-11-wood-rat-deadline-august-19th

Comments

• Holy crap! I've just played all 7 entries, and I have NO IDEA how I'm going to vote in this one.

• Forgot to say when the voting closes (doh!)

you have 48 hours to listen and vote (starting now)

• ...and just like that we already have our first vote (wowser)

This one's gonna be interesting.

• Great job everyone!

• Freakin excellent entries. After my first listen through, I know it’s gonna be a difficult vote!

• Congratulations everyone, impressive entries!
    I found the vote was not that hard, because entries are all quite different, even though they are all high quality.
    I particularly liked entries A and K, but my vote went for K : it could well be a music score that I would be happy to listen longer
    Bravo 👍

• WOW! Great Job on these entries, Guys! Yeah! 🤗😁👊

• edited August 2018

Seriously, you Guys are all raising the bar with these last 2 Battles - Holy Snap, Congratulations to all of you and keep it up! <3

• edited August 2018

After 4+ listens to all seven, I've managed to whittle it down to a favourite two. Not sure which i'm gonna choose though.

• Just home from work, nice stuff! 😁

• @MSandoval said:
    I tend to initially judge based on technicality, buit on further listens, I hear the musicality and emotion, chord progressions, melodies, etc. It gets tougher on every listen.

Exactly! The first time I listen I almost always have one or two clear winners, then, in the end I can’t make up my mind 😂

• 24 hours to go - only 9 votes so far.

If you've been sitting on the fence like me, it's time to get off and make a vote ;)

• edited August 2018

Stop noodling and cast your vote - we seem to be a little stuck at 9 votes!

Remember that suffrage is universal - you needn't be an acolyte to vote in this plebiscite

(translation):

everyone on the forum gets a vote - you don't need to have submitted a track to pick a winner

or..

"it don't matter if you don't take part; you can still pick your sweet-heart" <3

• Does Vanilla forum have option to email all the members? Could be option to get more people involved perhaps? Or too spammy?

• I've voted, already in the 9!

• @huphtur said:
    Does Vanilla forum have option to email all the members? Could be option to get more people involved perhaps? Or too spammy?

Generally i don't think average forum users even care about battles or community.
    Come, ask question, get answer, never visit again unless they need another answer.
    They don't even notice the free sample banks and so on, yes Vanilla forum doesn't help because its layout is the worst of any community software i have ever seen in my life, so unsurprisingly it is huge on the IOS scene, unfortunately i don't think there is any way to migrate from Vanilla to other forum software, so we are pretty much screwed on that front.
    Then of course you have to add in the fact that my presence alone is enough to make any forum crumble crumble.

• edited August 2018

I think my awful rhymes are helping - we just got another 2 votes ;)

Either that or they're doing it to shut me up. In which case... VOTE NOW or the rhyme crime keeps flowing.

• @5pinlink said:
    Then of course you have to add in the fact that my presence alone is enough to make any forum crumble crumble.

TBH, that's the only reason I keep coming back 😜

• @huphtur said:

@5pinlink said:

TBH, that's the only reason I keep coming back 😜

Waiting to see it happen hahahaha

• 5pin, if you're feeling a bit unloved it's not too late to join our group hug.

As moderator you should be able to switch your No vote to a Yes ;)

• edited August 2018

No im good, prefer to be disliked and the forum to not be a s**t show of racism and sexism and name calling, religion and politics, you know all the lively useful stuff, like other 'better' places.
    At the end of the day, if i shut somebody down, they are either talking complete nonsense (B3 should do all my saving, seriously, i got grief for nailing that lol) or it is simply inappropriate for kids, i have to balance that, which some people forget, this is a forum for an IOS app, likelyhood of younger viewers very high and will he higher with any iPhone release too.

Short version, take your hug and ....... (Grrr kids) share it with somebody else nice hahaha.

• @5pinlink said:
    Short version, take your hug and ....... (Grrr kids) share it with somebody else nice hahaha.

:joy:

• edited August 2018

Well that explains why he keeps going around censoring all my ****ing curse words.

***k **** *******!!

• 7 hours to go...

• What a pleasant spread. Seriously, there is currently not a track without one vote, and first second and third are the minimum spread from the rest. 4pts to first, 3pts to second, 2pts to third, and everyone in a tie for fourth. But let's see if anyone else musters up a vote :wink:

• I just want to know who made the masterpiece I voted for and how they made it! :p

I hope said producer is willing to share their project so I can dig around in there and learn from it!

• I'll definitely share my session!

• I think it just depends on if the other person(s) have the same FX apps on their iPad.

I can share mine, but for instance to open it you'll need:

Amazing Noises Limiter, Audio Damage EOS 2, Audio Damage Dubstation 2 and FabFilter PRO-Q2

Oh wait, now that i've loaded my project, I remember I have made a custom multi-sampled instrument from sampling a commercial Kontakt instrument on my desktop - Can't really share stuff like that, but I might be able to render that track to audio...

But I do remember that:
    I had some major trouble and BM3 would NOT render my track without horrible audio weirdness.
    I had to load BM3 into AUM and record the output of AUM...
    So not sure how lucky i'm going to get here....

~sigh...
    :D

• @DeanDaughters your videos help a lot too!

• Thanks very much, @huphtur :)

I'm definitely going to do a video to show how I made this entry... ;)