CLOSED - BM3 Battle 12 - A Cappella Bel Canto (Winner is Entry L)

edited September 2018 in BeatMakers Showcase

The vote is now officially closed.

And the winner of this battle is...
Entry L

Dean - Entry I
ronji - Entry K
TK32 - Entry F
Tonbogiri - Entry L
5pin - Entry Y

Here are the 5 entries we managed to gather from this really tricky challenge set by @dafingaz

Some of these are works-in-progress, and others were assembled in 1 sitting, so don't judge too harshly :)

Entry Y

Entry L

Entry I

Entry K

Entry F

Comments

• Nice work everybody.

I was really worried we wouldn't have enough content to make a meaningful vote - but it worked out fine in the end. Phew!

• Y - I like the originality. I definitely wasn’t expecting this. LOL.

L - Nice choral elements. Definitely out of the box creativity.

I - Nice beatboxing hip hop vibes. The rap too. Is that your voice (whoever you are)? Also, what app did you use for the Auto Tune-like effect? (Was it Auto Tune?)

K - Nice elements on this one. I really like that mouth hi hat and that distorted bass. LOL.

F - Very heavenly. I like the quotes in the background.

It is going to be tough judging this one. On a (good?) note: I did not hear my entry in there so there is no way I can win! LOL.

Should I share a direct link to mine?

• You never sent me your entry @dafingaz ?
    It would have been there is you had, just checked my PMs again.

• @5pinlink No problem. I can share a direct link and not have it count as a vote. Maybe I'll share it after a winner is declared?

• I am jealous of the production quality on you Guys' tracks! How sweet is that?!? <3 <3
    My entry sounds crap next to most of these! Yeah! Keep up the great work, Beatmakers! <3 <3

(...have a feeling I voted for 5pin link.... ?) ;)

Great stuff here!!

• Love the vote spread... and the vote spread is love <3

Gonna be another tough vote for me.

• @DeanDaughters said:
    I am jealous of the production quality on you Guys' tracks! How sweet is that?!? <3 <3
    My entry sounds crap next to most of these! Yeah! Keep up the great work, Beatmakers! <3 <3

(...have a feeling I voted for 5pin link.... ?) ;)

Great stuff here!!

Pretty sure you didn't ;)

• edited September 2018

@DeanDaughters if you happen to win (just saying) is there any chance we could do a video game remix theme this month?

• edited September 2018

@tk32 said:
    is there any chance we could do a video game remix theme this month?

I'm up for it if you Guys are up for it?
    How exactly would we do that? (just saying)
    Thoughts?

1. all remix the same video game theme?
    2. every body just choose any video game theme to remix?

Would it have to be a "main theme" or any music from a video game?

• I'd suggest we all remix the same tune, chosen by you, if you win this battle of course.

• Ocean Loader 2 Martin Gallway C64

• Really enjoyed these. Thanks for putting them together.

• 24 hours to go until votes close.

Glad to see everyone is getting a share of the votes

• Just over 12 hours until votes close.

Surely we can expect a few more than the current 9 votes?

• Holy moly.

It looks like Dean 'the groove machine' Daughters may have fallen at the final furlong!

His early lead has just been overtaken by an enigmatic bright young filly called 'L'

Could the lead possibly change once more in these final hours of voting?

• Voting should be closed right now so that Y and F can be immortalised as 909s in 909 month !!!

• I'd rather be an 8.08

(Warning - Spoiler!)

• How weird is this, all the percentages are 9 9, add them up lol
    3+6 3+6
    2+7 2+7
    1+8 1+8

• And if you divide 5 by 11, you get .45454545
    Freaking maths

• only way to get more involved is to go external, forum Battles always have a small take up.

• edited September 2018

The vote is now officially closed.

And the winner of this battle is...
    Entry L

@5pinlink please would you do the honour of evening the fine fellows responsible for each track

• Congratulations, Mr. L ! Nice entry B) ! :)

(I was the first person to vote for your super-sweet-and-too-short-because -it's-awesome track!)

I am (of course) the "Crazy Git with the pumped up rhythms" :D

I sampled some stuff from YouTube and rapped (?) over it, then added the Vocal bank from this forum.

MAIN BEAT -
    BASS HIT 1 -
    REWIND TAPE STOP -

Ahhhh Vocal Preset for Beatmaker 3 - downloaded from this forum thread:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6919/tips-for-creating-multisampled-instruments-demo-bank-presets

B)

• Congrats @TONBOGIRI!! Here is my creation for those interested. I look forward to the next one!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r9oq4afhp7a15b/Voce BPM 90.wav?dl=0

• Thanks for the vote @TONBOGIRI

Entry F was me

• You’re welcome @TONBOGIRI. I just got word last week that my Pro SoundCloud account will be going back to the basic free account. Not sure what songs will he lost, so I may have to look at some alternative options. Maybe YouTube? Lol.

• Sorry im out right now, will do the full list of names later.

Y was me, just me and the internal ipad mic, no sequencing other than the drums, just recorded it all straight in from my gob ;)

• edited September 2018

I was really split between voting for L for the delightful complexity; F for that huge bass and catchy percussion, great composition; I for the freaking rapping and dope beat boxing; but also Y for the obviously raw samples and interesting changeups. I ended up voting for Dean (I) because on top of the solid production he laid down a solid original rap!

I was K, which I thought might be obvious to anyone who's familiar with my unfinished works of late. =) My entry was made completely from sampling my voice with the iPad mic in a closet with some light brusfri and looping and layering. I did loop a single cycle in the tail of one of my bass drum samples, but the bassline was a long loop that I pitched down with one pad low passed to sub and a linked pad high passed with some high boost for grit.

Great work everyone!

• Sorry, was AFK all day...

Dean - Entry I
    ronji - Entry K
    TK32 - Entry F
    Tonbogiri - Entry L
    5pin - Entry Y