When is the next update coming up

This program is awesome, but badly in need of update. Crashes, Need Midi Clock, tempo map.
I could go on here.

Tagged:

Comments

• For me personally I'd love to get back the input-monitoring while sampling to make it 'usable' again...
    ...it got broken in the 'Lemon 3.0.12' update...

As far as I know no one knows when or if an update will drop...
    The only one I suspect could have a clue about it is @mathieugarcia

• @samu said:
    For me personally I'd love to get back the input-monitoring while sampling to make it 'usable' again...
    ...it got broken in the 'Lemon 3.0.12' update...

As far as I know no one knows when or if an update will drop...
    The only one I suspect could have a clue about it is @mathieugarcia

Or @vincent perhaps.

I see forum regulars hint at something ‘soon’ but I don’t know what’s that’s based on except @mathieugarcia’s ‘stay tuned’ comments that appear now and again. Is there a version in beta? Who knows.

• When Mathieu says “stay tuned” I treat that as exciting news.

I also frequently see him having all-day marathon music sessions on spotify, which is usually a sign he is deep in coding.

I’m in the dark like the rest of you, but I reckon we’ll all know more soon.

• @tk32 said:
    When Mathieu says “stay tuned” I treat that as exciting news.

I also frequently see him having all-day marathon music sessions on spotify, which is usually a sign he is deep in coding.

I’m in the dark like the rest of you, but I reckon we’ll all know more soon.

Wish I had your optimism. ‘Stay tuned’ doesn’t sway me.

• I wish it was possible to 'revert' to BM3 3.0.11 so I could keep on sampling without loosing input monitoring...
    The 3.0.12 was/is a 'sour lemon update' that should never have been released.

Since some of the involved parties apparently didn't like where 3.1 was heading things started to get messed up and we're now at a point where I'm starting to loose faith in BM3's future development...(No betas no nothing but radio silence).

Sorry to sound 'negative' but we do need some kind of 'life-sign' regarding the current status of BM3...

If this is too 'harsh' feel free to delete my posts...

• To me this means that Mathieu is ironing out as much bugs as possible for us. I trust that we will see or hear something soon. Things take time and I'm patiently waiting because I know it will be worth it.

• edited April 12

@mathieugarcia is indeed busy coding, that is what he does, nobody here knows what situations may or may not have arrisen during further development, so anybody saying something is coming is talking nonsense, but anybody saying nothing is coming is also talking nonsense, and threads like these change nothing.

Beatmaker is software you either paid for on a date and got what you purchased, or indeed got for free, you neither subscribe or have shares in Intua (at least nobody who has posted in this thread yet) and not being able to roll back to previous versions is Apples fault, nobody elses.

Nobodies posts are getting deleted (contrary to popular belief, that rarely happens here, unless you are posting about some revolution in penis enlargement, fake driving licences or cheap Nikes) and the thread wont be closed either, I just wanted to inject some truths in to the thread.

• Interested in cheap Nikes 👟👟

• I would have thought the equivalent to rolling back was possible. Wouldn't you just release the previous version as an update to the AppStore? Not saying Intua should as I have no idea what else was fixed by the last release but conceptually it would surprise me if devs couldn't control their code for every release.

• I’ve been here for a long time and bit my tongue for years, but why does the developer enlist a moderator that is openly hostile to the user base, seems to have no other attachment to the project, and continually stifles discussion in what is supposed to be a “community” forum? That in itself doesn’t inspire a whole lot of confidence in the project as a whole.

• @legsmechanical said:
    I’ve been here for a long time and bit my tongue for years, but why does the developer enlist a moderator that is openly hostile to the user base, seems to have no other attachment to the project, and continually stifles discussion in what is supposed to be a “community” forum? That in itself doesn’t inspire a whole lot of confidence in the project as a whole.

Where's the hostility? I'm not seeing it. Just opinions.

• So what do you reckon @mathieugarcia @vincent - any updates or new releases in the works?

Seems only you guys would know. Cheers.

• Soon come!!!!!

• @legsmechanical said:
    I’ve been here for a long time and bit my tongue for years, but why does the developer enlist a moderator that is openly hostile to the user base, seems to have no other attachment to the project, and continually stifles discussion in what is supposed to be a “community” forum? That in itself doesn’t inspire a whole lot of confidence in the project as a whole.

Thanks for the input, it is appreciated ;)

• edited April 16

@samu I do not understand the input monitoring issue. It works for me. I’am able to monitor with my effects and general audio in Record mode via external soundcard.
    Am I missing something. Confused.com
    Do you mean record with effects baked in?

• I’ve had the input monitoring issue before, it seems to happen when I am sampling vinyl but it hasn’t happened in a while, ima have to test it again. I love bm3 and am totally happy with it but I am always anxious for a update. Would love to see the automation recording issue fixed.

• @beatmakerstorm said:
    @samu I do not understand the input monitoring issue. It works for me. I’am able to monitor with my effects and general audio in Record mode via external soundcard.

No, it's the 'software monitoring' (ie. input gets routed to output) that is not working when recording.

The 'record' dialogue has a 'monitor' button that enables audio input-monitoring and but it stops 'monitoring' the moment recording/sampling starts...

This is not the same as monitoring the input on the hardware before it reaches the 'DAW'. It's monitoring what the DAW actually got from the inputs.

On the iPad it's easy to test even without a dedicated audio interface...
    Jack in a pair of 3.5mm head-phones, select the built-in mic as the source, enable monitor and the mic signal gets routed to your head-phones. Now start recording and you can no longer hear the mic even though it's recorded...

• @samu said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

No, it's the 'software monitoring' (ie. input gets routed to output) that is not working when recording.

The 'record' dialogue has a 'monitor' button that enables audio input-monitoring and but it stops 'monitoring' the moment recording/sampling starts...

This is not the same as monitoring the input on the hardware before it reaches the 'DAW'. It's monitoring what the DAW actually got from the inputs.

Jack in a pair of 3.5mm head-phones, select the built-in mic as the source, enable monitor and the mic signal gets routed to your head-phones. Now start recording and you can no longer hear the mic even though it's recorded...

@samu ok will test. Cool

• @samu If you are recording an audio track, the work around is to make a duplicate track and only arm one of them to record. So essentially, the one that is not armed becomes your monitoring line.....But I don’t know how to get around the problem in the sampler, which I believe is what you are talking about. If someone knows a work around in the sampler.......

• @JSimple said:
    If someone knows a work around in the sampler.......

Honestly I'm tired of 'work arounds' as the real problem is that 'someone' messed up the 3.012 update and needs to realise they made a mistake and fix it, but...

...there's always the option the enable hardware monitoring on the interface but in my case that would require app switch to the dspMixFX app, enable the input monitoring and when sampling is done switch to the app again to turn it off as it's quite annoying to hear the input all the time...

Feels like it's not worth spending more time venting the issues as there is like zero signs of an update...

• @samu said:

@JSimple said:
    If someone knows a work around in the sampler.......

Honestly I'm tired of 'work arounds' as the real problem is that 'someone' messed up the 3.012 update and needs to realise they made a mistake and fix it, but...

...there's always the option the enable hardware monitoring on the interface but in my case that would require app switch to the dspMixFX app, enable the input monitoring and when sampling is done switch to the app again to turn it off as it's quite annoying to hear the input all the time...

Feels like it's not worth spending more time venting the issues as there is like zero signs of an update...

Man, I feel you. When it first happened to me I figured we would get a quick bug fix update to address the issue but here we are still waiting, wasn’t the last update November or something like that? I hope one comes soon, but still loving the app. Just hoping the app gets a lil more love.

• As Win mentioned a few posts above @mathieugarcia is busy coding. Things take time and they’re a really small team. Some well developed apps take longer for updates. BM3 is a monster of an app and I’m not surprised at all that it takes long to fix. No matter how small you may think a bug is it may not be the case. As someone who integrates software with hardware I can tell you that I’ve seen what some may view as simple software bug take months and complicated ones being fixed quickly.

• How’s the coding going @mathieugarcia ? Any news on a BM3 update?

• JDBJDB
    edited April 24

Wish I had your optimism. ‘Stay tuned’ doesn’t sway me.

Don’t hold your breath man I’ve been waiting on midi clock for forever, I got a “stay tuned” from mathieu about it like a year ago

Edit: just checked and it was longer than that

@mathieugarcia said:
    MIDI clock receive/send will make a comeback pretty soon, that's for sure!

-November 2017

• I suggest nobody should ever hold their breath, It could easily lead to a black out and that is never good for you ;)

• edited April 25

@samu said:

@beatmakerstorm said:

@samu confirmed. That is crazy . How did they let that happen. I can still monitor with external soundcard though but no effects from bm3. I may have to go back to previous version if needed - I save all my .ipa files for these kind of obstacles.

• @winconway said:
    I suggest nobody should ever hold their breath, It could easily lead to a black out and that is never good for you ;)

Sage advice 😄

• Midi functions are seriously lacking in this great app

• After some time spending with virtually every iOS music making app, I’ve got back to BM3 which was (and still is) my favorite one. I realised it is still the best sample-oriented all-in-one app for music making on iOS. I believe this is the reason why so many people “whine” about lack of updates - the app is still very unique in iOS world for its functionality, yet there are many bugs and it’s crashing much more than any other app (even when using only AUs or even sampling only).
    I understand all of the standard problems of developers - that there will always endless amount of bugs, no matter how simple your application is and for how long you polish it. That people will always request more and more features, often condradicting and expect them for free. Also that the bigger and older the code of the app is, the time to “just” maintain it grows exponentially. But still the attitude of Intua is perplexing me.
    The current paradigm in software development is to release as often as possible, even if it’s very minor changes. It’s much easier to progress if you do it in small steps. In iOS world it’s a bit harder, but still a lot developers can follow at least a several months long cycle (Cubasis, Audiobus 3, AUM, StageLight, Korg Gadget,...). Also they invite people to beta testing, they communicate with users, at least with beta testers.
    Maybe the reason is they’re working on new version. But it would be nice to know, if it has new features and improvements, there’s nothing wrong with that. In desktop world, it works like this for decades (yes, there will always be ranting people, but not communicating is always the worst choice).
    I would love to somehow help Intua but I can’t help myself but to think, they just already focused on different project. It’s very possible the problem is, that such apps can’t make you for living, not to mention to earn money for some sustainable development. Yet, I would like to at least know, if this is the case. We would be less frustrated than it is now when we simply don’t know what’s going on... And you never now, if you make a kickstarter campaign to “save BM3” I believe the community could surprise you...

• @skrat said:
    After some time spending with virtually every iOS music making app, I’ve got back to BM3 which was (and still is) my favorite one. I realised it is still the best sample-oriented all-in-one app for music making on iOS. I believe this is the reason why so many people “whine” about lack of updates - the app is still very unique in iOS world for its functionality, yet there are many bugs and it’s crashing much more than any other app (even when using only AUs or even sampling only).
    I understand all of the standard problems of developers - that there will always endless amount of bugs, no matter how simple your application is and for how long you polish it. That people will always request more and more features, often condradicting and expect them for free. Also that the bigger and older the code of the app is, the time to “just” maintain it grows exponentially. But still the attitude of Intua is perplexing me.
    The current paradigm in software development is to release as often as possible, even if it’s very minor changes. It’s much easier to progress if you do it in small steps. In iOS world it’s a bit harder, but still a lot developers can follow at least a several months long cycle (Cubasis, Audiobus 3, AUM, StageLight, Korg Gadget,...). Also they invite people to beta testing, they communicate with users, at least with beta testers.
    Maybe the reason is they’re working on new version. But it would be nice to know, if it has new features and improvements, there’s nothing wrong with that. In desktop world, it works like this for decades (yes, there will always be ranting people, but not communicating is always the worst choice).
    I would love to somehow help Intua but I can’t help myself but to think, they just already focused on different project. It’s very possible the problem is, that such apps can’t make you for living, not to mention to earn money for some sustainable development. Yet, I would like to at least know, if this is the case. We would be less frustrated than it is now when we simply don’t know what’s going on... And you never now, if you make a kickstarter campaign to “save BM3” I believe the community could surprise you...

@mathieugarcia @vincent ^^^ any news?