How to use GM Drum Mapping?

edited March 2014 in Support
I have only just found out that BM2 now supports GM Drum Mapping and was overjoyed as I have tons of GM MIDI Drum files, however I have not been able to find out how to implement this. I can see the GM Drum Mapping in the MIDI Setting but it does not seem to do anything when I tap on it. I have searched without any success for hours in the manual(which does not seem to have been updated yet), in this forum and google.

I would really appreciate some help from someone in the know.

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Bump!? Would really appreciate some help here. Just purchased Cubasis and it seems to support GM Drum mapping but there are just too many goodie in BM that I would really like to see it work. :)
  • Have finally figured it out, without any confirmation dialogue or the likes I was too dumb to have noticed that it has in fact changed the mapping. Maybe that is why nobody has bothered to answer. :P

Just thought I'd post here with what I have found out so that anyone looking for the info would know:
    To enable MIDI GM Drum Mapping:
    -under MIDI Setting(from instrument panel under your Drum instrument)
    -click on GM DRUM MAPPING
    -nothing looks like it's been changed but Panel A now runs from C1 to A#3
    (instead of C-2 to D#-1)
    (C1 to A#3 used to be on Panel C)
    (most GM Drum pattern files would work fine, less most of the percussion sounds)
    To revert to original mapping:
    -under MIDI Setting(from instrument panel under your Drum instrument)
    -click on RESET MAPPING
  • nice, will try this out