Akai Mpk Mini can't be found

Ok so I connected my mini to my iPad using a USB hub. When all plugged in my akai light up. The I go to midi setup and my midi keyboard isn't showing up in the input or output area. I feel I've tried everything please help me!!!

Comments

• Hey @snoopy187 !

One of our user made a video a while back on setting up the Akai MPK Mini with BeatMaker 2.
    You can watch it here:

Let me know if that worked for you,
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • I actually watched this video but he doesn't seem to have the issue I have. I've watched many videos actually and seems like nobody shares the same problem. The only thing I see that I'm doing different is that I'm not using a apple camera USB to lightning I'm just plugging my MPK into a USB hub and then I plug that directly into my iPad because my hub has a lightning plug. I've seen someone else do this on YouTube and it worked for them but they don t explain what to do if you midi keyboard isn't in the input colum. Any other suggestion???
  • Also in the video above he's using a computer I'm using an iPad
  • snoopy187 said:

Ok so I connected my mini to my iPad using a USB hub. When all plugged in my akai light up. The I go to midi setup and my midi keyboard isn't showing up in the input or output area. I feel I've tried everything please help me!!!

Try it without the hub and see if you get the same issue. Make sure your ipad is off and the ipad camera kit thing is in the ipad before you turn on the ipad and then plug in the USB cable from the midi keyboard into the ipad. Do it where the camera connection kit is in it first then you plug in the USB that's connected to the keyboard.
  • Can your USB hub be powered via an adapter ? Depending on the device you attach to the hub, the iPad might not be able to get enough power from it. Sometimes iOS will show a message related to this. It's pretty hard to tell without actual access to your hardware, but you should try @DeeJohnson 's suggestion.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • Ok I guess I'll have to order a camera adapter and check it out....thank you guys for the responses.....as soon as I get the adapter and try it out I'll give you guys an update
  • edited January 2017
    @snoopy187 Did you try reaching Akai support as well ? I guess the issue is not exclusive to BeatMaker 2 so they might be able to help you !
  • Yea I can try that too but do you think they'd be familiar enough with the BM2 app to help me?
  • This video is the only reason I know that it's possible
  • edited January 2017
    snoopy187 said:

Yea I can try that too but do you think they'd be familiar enough with the BM2 app to help me?

Well, do you have any other MIDI-compatible app to try this out ? This is worth a shot.
    Judging for the video you posted, it seems his hub is powered (you can see a power cable running out of it).

Let me know,
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• Yea I can try it with Garage Band and see if that works....I actually had trouble even finding where add my midi device in garage band....I'm a noob when it comes too this stuff but hey gotta start somewhere lol
  • Hey so I figured out what the problem was so I figured I should probably write a follow up case anyone else has the same problem. It was actually just as simple as turning my iPad off then plugging my mpk into the hub then plug the hub into my iPad and then turn the iPad back on and it was working!!! Thanks for your quick response though and trying your best to help me with my problem. Hopefully this post will help someone in the future.
  • edited January 2017
    Hey @snoopy187 !

Awesome, glad you managed to resolve the issue.
    This will surely help someone in the future so thanks for the update !

Enjoy your MPK!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.