BM3 Bug squishing.

Hi guys loving the new app. Currently running on iPad Pro 9.7 (2016). IOS 10.3.2. My main grip at present is I'm seeing multiply crashes after a few hours use. I believe some of its caused by IAA hosting (be glad when all apps are AU just works. BM3 telling me samples are missing even though the pad appears to be triggering them that was from Sunrizer again may a IAA thing. I want to be creative but I find I'm saving every 5 minutes so I don't lose a project with these crashes which is frustrating. On one of my projects if I tried to load BM3 was crashing on start up and I thought I had lost the lot but I think I reverted back to a previous save which brought it back. Great app but needs some work on stability.

Comments

• Yep. I love what's possible with this app but it seems to get stuck on loading some Au's for me, doesn't happen in other hosts with the same AU. Plus Audiobus not working currently is putting me off learning it because I want to send midi to it via AB3.

• Since I'm mostly using BM3 with apps that have either IAA and AUv3 support I have no practical use for AudioBus at all. It's just another layer to pass thru.

But I do get that some users need it...

• @samu said:
    Since I'm mostly using BM3 with apps that have either IAA and AUv3 support I have no practical use for AudioBus at all. It's just another layer to pass thru.

Do you know if Audiobus midi and audio is working in the current beta?

• Only already for the remote it would be great if AudioBus would work

• @carnbot said:

@samu said:
    Since I'm mostly using BM3 with apps that have either IAA and AUv3 support I have no practical use for AudioBus at all. It's just another layer to pass thru.

I'm using the 'release build' of BM3 like everyone else. No new betas have been delivered yet...
    (I will intall the new betas as they become available).

For me AudioBus adds no extra value and feels more like a 'distraction layer' to be totally honest.
    (It's one of those apps I just wonder why I have not deleted them yet. I've bought them only to support the community but it's not something I 'need' to do my thing).

But regardless of my 'standpoint' regarding AudioBus it should work properly in BM3.

• Yes AUM pretty much replaced my use of Audiobus. I do like the idea of midi filters, but in practice the extra
    overhead of using Audiobus means that I don't bother using them.

I wondered if Beatmaker would replace AUM, but actually they complement each other nicely. AUM for capturing interesting sounds/performances, Beatmaker for creating the songs.

• @samu said:

@carnbot said:

@samu said:

I'm using the 'release build' of BM3 like everyone else. No new betas have been delivered yet...
    (I will intall the new betas as they become available).

For me AudioBus adds no extra value and feels more like a 'distraction layer' to be totally honest.
    (It's one of those apps I just wonder why I have not deleted them yet. I've bought them only to support the community but it's not something I 'need' to do my thing).

But regardless of my 'standpoint' regarding AudioBus it should work properly in BM3.

Yes I can understand that. Since AUM came out I stopped using AB for a long time. However AB3 has changed my workflow again. There's no other way yet to set up quite interesting midi sequencing connection combinations along with state saved apps. I can see BM3 is designed more to work alone but will be much more flexible once connectivity is properly sorted.

I thought there was a beta out, was confused because gonecrazy in AB forum mentioned that midi out was also fixed in current beta. So must be some misinformation going around :)

• 2 hours playing today and still getting multiply crashes. Mainly it seems trying out the scenes view and added patterns into the scenes. At the moment finding BM3 to buggy to work with to be honest it's destroying my creative side. Hope some fixes come soon. On the up side I've Sussed the midi out I think. But even that seems to be a bit buggy with the mapping jumping around on the pads.

• The only way that I was able to run DRC was through AB3, though that was very iffy.

I'm really enjoying exploring BM3 and am confident that the bugs will get worked out. I've never used Ableton, so this way of working is new to me. Lots to learn.

My own problems with the app are mostly in regard to audio sometimes working and sometimes not. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure how to duplicate this behavior. I've read about the multiple AUV problem, but sometimes it will just be an audio track that no longer plays. Strange (I'm on a 10.5 Ipad Pro).

Anyway, I'm not at the point where I'm asking for new features or refinements of those that already exist. I just want a bit more reliability for now.

• edited July 2017
    Exported 64 bars of bank a to a wav. Imported the bounced wav in to a new bank on a pad. Went to sample edit page. Had the keyboard along bottom of screen. No sound when hitting keys and the playback head seems to just wobble. Hitting the 'play' button up next to the sample record button works OK.

Sliced the wav in to 2 bar chunks and saved to pads. Still no sound when hit pads or double tap the slice areas. But I can hear the slice if I use that 'play' button above the sample wav window...

Not sure if bug or user error somewhere?

Edit - schoolboy error.... I had other tracks solo'd :/ the fact I could hear the sample in the wav window when using that play button threw me. Ignore this post/mods feel free to delete ;)
  • Small one - Seems like 'velocity on/off' is constantly reverting to 'on' when I leave/return to the onscreen keyboard ui. More of annoyance than a bug but sending it over in any case ;)
  • edited July 2017
    Might be worth stickying this thread to top of forum whilst so many users are active and trying to send bugs across, some people maybe wouldn't notice the thread buried down the page.

Hit my first significant bug.
    Setting up a project template with some sends etc.
    Had one kick drum loaded on to bank A. Playing in a loop.
    3 AUX sends.
    Some fx on AUX A for a reverb send.
    Some fx on AUX B for a delay send.
    Some fx on AUX C for a spacey flange kinda send.

All was fine. Then I recorded some automation for one of the params in AUX C (modulation delay - rate). Did this a few times over the same 4 bar loop til I nailed the automation I wanted. Then noticed that pressing record would just make it switch between white circle/dark circle. No red. And when I then tried to add a filter to AUX C nothing appeared in the FX bin each time I added it. Tried to add other fx. Nothing appeared in fx bin.

Shut BM3 and reopened it, seems fine now.
  • Forum needs a bug section, bug reports need removing as they are fixed or shown to be user error, it is the best way to handle reports
  • edited July 2017

The thread link below is a mixture of bugs and requests, started out as an email, and its just added to. Didn't get the chance to give/edit a proper title.

Just continue doing what your/we're doing and Intua continues to do there thing and we'll get things sorted. (We're in the right place) ;)

https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4604/bm3-beatmaker-iii#latest

I have another thread about the forum teething.. It (forum) surely needs a few things.. but..

Overall, BM3 is a Buzz..

King

• edited July 2017

@Heyez said:
    Small one - Seems like 'velocity on/off' is constantly reverting to 'on' when I leave/return to the onscreen keyboard ui. More of annoyance than a bug but sending it over in any case ;)

In case you don't read the linked thread ^,the issue with the switch has been reported, and will be sorted. ;)

King

• This thread is already horrificly unwieldy, people will not read it, miss the bugs or FR posted, and repetition starts.
    We need an FR forum a BR forum and a Tut forum.
    No need for extra work, plenty of us will step up and put in the work ;)
  • I have noticed that the app crashes(air2 newest os and one before it), when i hold a knob, moving it and then press rec to record automation. Happened to me twice, both with doing it on screen and moving the knob from a midi controller. I think the first time was with an au(was grind most likely), but the next one was with some of the built in effects.

• @KING thanks for heads up on that other bug thread. I'll check it out :)

Hit another bug yesterday. After recording automated mutes on an AUX track I wanted to move the sequencer playback loop along top of time line. But all that was happening was horizontal zoom in/out of the sequencer page. Couldn't move the playback loop or scroll the sequencer page. Restart BM3 fixed it.
  • Some bugs to raise from me

1. When I change the bankj instrument it seems very inconsitant whether it keeps the pattern, I want it to keep the pattern. On first time chaning it I lost the pattern i.e. the midi notes. If I undo the change an change the instrument it keeps the pattern
    2. With some AU Loaded into the mater channel I cant load the session from a previously startted session, but if I load from a clean start it loads ok . AU are 6144 and limiter
    3. Not a but the patterns workflow is a bit confusing when - how you access the patterns list took me ages to find