BM3 sampler no filter envelope

I am very impressed with the editing capabilities of the sampler in BM3. However there doesn't seem to be a filter envelope on the sampler. There is amplitude envelope but no filter envelope to accompany the filter types. Please advise.

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Can't check at moment but I think it's double click (or hold) on the filter parameter you want to modulate. Dropbox appears with various modulation options like new/existing ennvelope, new/existing lfo.. Then click on the modulations tab at top of screen for list of all modulations for that sample and select the modulation you want and it's parameters show in the bottom window of ui.

Modulation options on bm3 are really impressive already and apparently they're eventually going to be added to fx, macros and sample start/end etc too :)
  • Thanks for that. This is awesome and so deep. I like it. :)

• Double Tap Cutoff ->Modulate->Envelope-> Select among existing envelopes for the layer or add a new envelope.
    Go to modulations tab and edit your newly created envelope.

When the envelopes or other modulators are edited in the modulations tab they have more options than are present in the main view as well as control over modulation depth.

• @korakios said:
    @Samu thanks , I edited my post before you posted !

Noted, I on the other hand prefer to keep things as 'clean' as possible and add modulators (envelopes, lfo's etc.) on a 'need to use' basis. This gives me a lot more flexibility than 'fixed routings'.

And since most routings are not 'fixed' it's possible to add multiple modulators to each parameter.
    It's also possible to modulate parameters of the modulators (Say an LFO modulating parameters of another LFO).

What I'm missing in BM3 for now is to be able to share modulators across layers with 'value-offset' per layer.
    Or in practice to have optional modulation sources per pad that can be shared between all the layers on the pad.

• Fixed modulators are terrible, go look at how bad Maschines (desktop) sampler is with its fixed modulations, it is horrible for sound design.
  • @5pinlink said:
    Fixed modulators are terrible, go look at how bad Maschines (desktop) sampler is with its fixed modulations, it is horrible for sound design.

+1

I really like the modulation options available (step sequencer, S&H, etc). Of course what would be really neat is if you could modulate a sample with another sample, or bank, or... (falls down the rabbit hole)...

• edited July 2017
    I havent even tried them yet really, how is the step modulator for creating trance gates ?
  • @5pinlink said:
    I havent even tried them yet really, how is the step modulator for creating trance gates ?

Works quite well for that. It's also perfect for 'chip-tune' arpeggios :)
    It can run at 200Hz, same goes for the LFO's...

• Yep works great for Trance Gates, just tried, definitely need an Amp effect, so we can create Trance Gates on audio tracks and AUv3 synths too.