Audiobus midi and audio not working with Beatmaker 3

Thought this needs it's own thread as this bug may have been lost in the noise. Lots of threads here etc.

Audiobus3 audio routing is completely broken in BM3. Apps in AB3 can't playback and freeze for me when BM3 is in audio receiving slot. I'm on latest AB3 beta. Also Audiobus 3 midi to BM3 is broken too. Audio stops working in BM3 or becomes distorted when sending midi.

Comments

• I've had no problems 'sampling' from AB3 sources?
    BM3 is in the Output Slot of AB3 and on the pad I sample with I select AudioBus from the Plug-In menu.
    (The output from AB3 stays silent until I add the Plug-In in BM3).

However I can not select AudioBus as source for recording an audio-track.

• @samu
    I thought so myself! Mathieu's answer below:

You can achieve that pretty easily:

• Create a new audio track
    • Head to the mixer and press the I/O button
    • Choose Internal, and select the Bank (or Pad) that is hosting the plugin

Doing so lets you record the audio track directly from the app hosted via AB3.

@carnbot - this doesn't really help you but I can also confirm that AB3 audio routing works for me. Which apps are you working with?

• @dimsumham said:
    @samu
    I thought so myself! Mathieu's answer below:

You can achieve that pretty easily:

• Create a new audio track
    • Head to the mixer and press the I/O button
    • Choose Internal, and select the Bank (or Pad) that is hosting the plugin

Doing so lets you record the audio track directly from the app hosted via AB3.

Thanks, now why didn't I think of that?! :D
    Most of the time I just host the apps I sample/record on a few pads and when I'm done sampling I unload them.

• I'm having multiple issues.

When BM3 is in output slot I'm trying to load a BM3 session which has EOS 2 reverb on an AUX send track, it freezes on loading the EOS2 and then crashes when I swap back to AB and back to BM3.

If I start on a blank session, I can't get any audio from an audiobus source, when it's loaded as a plugin on a pad. I've got it to work briefly before, but right now no audio at all for me. sometimes the timeline of the app in AB freezes but right now no audio.

Another thing is when I eject from my audio interface the multiple audio ports still remain and don't update to microphone.
    When I eject from the interface and restart BM3 audiobus audio routing is working better just played Blocs wave and audio got through. But AB3 midi still doesn't work. Eg I send fugue machine to BM3 midi on a pad select any app eg phasemaker, select Beatmaker as the midi input but no result.

Also audio has now totally stopped for me in BM3 too whilst BM3 is in midi output slot. I can see an audio signal on the meter in BM3 when I play the keyboard but no sound. As soon as I eject BM3 from AB3 midi I get sound when I press the keyboard again in BM3. Other times I'll get distorted audio when BM3 is receiving midi from AB3 either that or silence.

Sometimes I can get AB routing to work, it seems pretty random. I've only managed to get AB3 midi to work via core midi though.

• I had the same issues @carnbot yesterday, audio freezes and or gets distorted when I use it with AudioBus. I got so frustrated that I thought I'll refund it. Now I'm sitting in the train and thought I'll give it another try - and now it works! That makes me thinking it doesn't like my iconnectAudio 4 interface. I have Borderlands and Poly running into two different Banks through AB and BASSalicious on an other Bank and all running fine. So strange! What interface are you using?

• But midi is still a bitch, it receives all channels midi from poly no matter how I setup the input of the banks.

• Yes I have iconnectaudio4 too, I think that's the issue with the audio problem. But audiobus midi is still broken either way. But I think midi overall is broken somehow so it's a bit confusing. So I think that maybe if they fix the midi issue ab3 midi might work.

But the ICA4 bug is a big one because I'm connected to it most of the time.

@ornette said:
    But midi is still a bitch, it receives all channels midi from poly no matter how I setup the input of the banks.

• Hi @mathieugarcia it seems there is a problem with Iconnectaudio4 and BM3 using with Audiobus and possibly without, any chance you could get one to test with? It might be worth communicating with the AB team, Gabriel, Mike and Sebastien because they also had an issue with iCA4+ with Audiobus.

Midi to BM3 from Audiobus is not working at all but i think there is an issue with midi in BM3 overall which might resolve the Audiobus midi to BM3 issue when fixed.

• @carnbot said
    But the ICA4 bug is a big one because I'm connected to it most of the time.

Me too!