Beatmaker 3 - Awesome app!! But no EQ!? (Solved)

edited September 2017 in Support

I love the new app... beats everyday! But where's the EQ?

And master limiter...

Mpc Live and Modstep killer indeed!

Peace

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ah, thank YOU!

• @triton100 said:
    The eq is disguised under the name sv filter 6

But why?

Will that be changed?

• edited July 2017

Although it doesn't seem to work like a traditional EQ. Normally the Peak filters have Frequency, Gain and Q (to set the sharpness). In SV Filter you an only control the frequency and resonance/Q.
    The Band Shelf filter seems to allow ether boosting or cutting frequency's with both gain and Q although I am not familiar with this filter type?
    There is also a bug with the EQ graph where if you go over 10 kHz it disappears off the display.

• Are there any good AU EQs?
  • The EQ needs sorting out a lot, seems to have been forgotten about before release hahaha

• @philowerx said:
    Are there any good AU EQs?

I can't tell if it's any good - but here's an AUv3 one:

zMors EQ
    http://www.zmors.de/

• edited July 2017

@Mark said:
    Although it doesn't seem to work like a traditional EQ. Normally the Peak filters have Frequency, Gain and Q (to set the sharpness). In SV Filter you an only control the frequency and resonance/Q.
    The Band Shelf filter seems to allow ether boosting or cutting frequency's with both gain and Q although I am not familiar with this filter type?
    There is also a bug with the EQ graph where if you go over 10 kHz it disappears off the display.

You need to manually setup each filter slot you have available. By default, when loading a SVFilter6, only the first slot is set in PEAK mode. Be sure to check out the BAND SHELF filter which provides Gain control.
    I guess we should provide some presets with the EQ, with a more traditional setup.

Cheers!

• @mathieugarcia said:

@Mark said:

You need to manually setup each filter slot you have available. By default, when loading a SVFilter6, only the first slot is set in PEAK mode. Be sure to check out the BAND SHELF filter which provides Gain control.
    I guess we should provide some presets with the EQ, with a more traditional setup.

Cheers!

That's all cool. What about adding nice pre/post spectrum analyser on the 'grid' that can be toggled on/off to save some CPU?

• You need to manually setup each filter slot you have available. By default, when loading a SVFilter6, only the first slot is set in PEAK mode. Be sure to check out the BAND SHELF filter which provides Gain control.

Yes. That would be great - and maybe add a Tutorial regarding EQing.
    Because I was really bummed, when I searched for the obligatory EQ and couldn't find one in the FX menu.

That's like McGyver without his swiss army knife. B)

• @samu said:
    That's all cool. What about adding nice pre/post spectrum analyser on the 'grid' that can be toggled on/off to save some CPU?

Like in Ableton Live (Suite). This would definitely be appreciated.

• Yup! Funny thing, the code is in there -- it's just disabled now!

BTW if any of you want to share their effect presets, it's cool to post them here.
    To retrieve them, enter the 'Files' mode in the Browser and find the 'Effects Presets' directory.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @ph8alerror said:

@samu said:

Like in Ableton Live (Suite). This would definitely be appreciated.

+1+1
    With note pitch/frequency pls