Still having MIDI issues...

edited December 2017 in Fixed Bugs

I thought the "add a sample" trick had alleviated my MIDI issues, but I'm still seeing some wacky stuff. Today, I had a MIDI controller on Channel 10 working nicely with a bank also on Channel 10. I then hooked up a second controller on Channel 1 and set it to play with a second bank assigned to Channel 1. When I play the first controller, I get Bank 1. When I play the second controller I get Bank 1 and Bank 2! Restarted BM3; no change. Restarted the iPad and reopened Beatmaker and still no change. Finally I just gave up and decided to play one controller... Any ideas about what is going on? (I've read the manual and every post here about how to set up MIDI in BM3 so it's not user error!)

Comments

• Out of interest what's the "add a sample" trick? Must have missed that discussion
  • Some reported that loading a sample was necessary to make midi connections--even if the volume was set to zero. A blank pad would not connect.
  • @lukesleepwalker said:
    Some reported that loading a sample was necessary to make midi connections--even if the volume was set to zero. A blank pad would not connect.

Have your midi controller issues been worked out? Just checking maybe I could help diagnose it for ya.

• @mefisme said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Some reported that loading a sample was necessary to make midi connections--even if the volume was set to zero. A blank pad would not connect.

Have your midi controller issues been worked out? Just checking maybe I could help diagnose it for ya.

Yep all good now. Many thanks to @mathieugarcia for killin it with the updates all fall. This app just fits my approach to music making so well and very stable now.

• Can be moved to fixed ?