Importing samples

Hi, I have imported lots of samples which I then moved to samples folder. When I change to screen where you can select between Banks,Samples and Sessions they do not show up in Samples there. Is that normal?

Comments

• Just look at the folder icon at the top left corner

• I am experiencing the same. What do I do to have them appear in the samples tab?

• Try this: open the browser, press the gear icon, then press the "SCAN AGAIN" button.
    If your samples are readable, they will be listed in the SAMPLES tab in the browser / library mode.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• edited August 2017

Yes, the 'Scan again' button is what you need.

Bear in mind that if you have a lot of samples, this can take a long time to finish. If that's the case, I suggest disabling screen auto-lock in your iPad settings for the duration, and leaving BM3 running in the foreground. I found that if I pushed BM3 to the background by using another app, or if the screen locked, BM3 would crash and corrupt the database, meaning you have to start the scan all over again.

My case may be extreme though, as I imported around 20 gigs of samples (approximately 46,000 files). My scan took around two hours to finish on an iPad Pro 1st gen. Note that I am running iOS11 beta 4 so that may account for the crashing during scanning, but I cannot be sure and would still take the precautions I mention above.

• I've noticed that if you rename your samples they lose the link to the sample on the pads. would be good if they retained the link, or if you had the ability to rename the samples on the pads.

• @carnbot said:
    I've noticed that if you rename your samples they lose the link to the sample on the pads. would be good if they retained the link, or if you had the ability to rename the samples on the pads.

oh wait you can rename them, then it's strange that if you rename them in the browser they aren't updated on the pads...

• Thanks everyone for all the replies. Shortly after posting I actually bothered to scan them and they were in the samples tab. I think I was just impatient.