Beatmaker 3 in IPad vs iPhone

Was the demand for Beatmaker 3 on the IPad that much greater than the demand for it on the iPhone? It's been a month now and still no word on when the iPhone version will be released.

Comments

• Don't know about Beatmaker, but for my apps iPad demand is up to 500% higher than iPhone*

*statistics based on iTunes Connect dashboard data.

• @brambos I bet a lot of iphone downloads come from people like me who got it for ipad, but downloaded to phone since its universal, even tho i never used them on my phone
  • @Tomes said:
    @brambos I bet a lot of iphone downloads come from people like me who got it for ipad, but downloaded to phone since its universal, even tho i never used them on my phone

They are sales on iPhone, not downloads. These could still represent people who intend to use it on multiple types of devices, but that would only make the iPad's share of usage bigger. Overall, iPhone demand is relatively tiny compared to iPad, for my music apps.

Disclaimer: things could be different for Beatmaker, since it operates in a different subcategory of music apps. But I am hearing similar figures from other devs so it seems to be a common pattern.

• That makes a lot of sense. I'm looking forward to using it in my iPhone since it's said that Beatmaker 3 will be universal but I'm also wondering if the rumors that they're developing an OSX version is true.
  • Reading the forum, it looks like there is a few thing to fix for the first release before going universal.
    I bought an ipod touch 6 one year ago, for Bm3, and have to admit that i'm not waiting anymore for the iphone version of Bm3...
    Since the first screenshots on intua website i'm scratching my head wondering how the interface will adapt on smaller screens, but the wait has been really too long, waiting for a tool to come for years is not so productive, and i can't buy an ipad, so...
    I guess ipod/iphone user don't get that much attention from music apps devellopers because of the recent apple device lineup : Jack less iphone 7, no ipad mini 5, very powerfull/expensive ipad pro.
    I remember using Beatmaker 1 on my iphone 3g, great times, i hope more devellopers will make their apps universal from day one.
    To me it is the same as photography : the best camera is the one you have with you : hard to fit an ipad in a pocket.
    Fortunately some devellopers are getting it right : UVI beathawk, Korg Gadget, Flsm, Garageband, novation apps, elastic drums, intua Bm2, etc...
    How many frustrated small screen users in the forum ?