ITunes sample import

Last time I tried to throw some samples across via iTunes I couldn't open/select the BM3 'samples' folder I'd initially created via Dropbox.

Ended up making a 'samples 2' folder and throwing that across.

Need to throw another batch of samples in to my ipad. Wanna avoid making a 'Samples 3' folder if poss...

Is it standard to not be able to open destination folders in itunes? Asking cos I was using a Microsoft surface last time I tried and checking if it was maybe something weird related to me not clicking/selecting the folders with a mouse, or something..

Not a fan of iTunes in general, only ever used it handful of times, maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks

Comments

• iFunBox is a better alternative to iTunes for transferring files to your iOS device.
    http://www.i-funbox.com

• Thanks @samu, will check it out
  • @samu said:
    iFunBox is a better alternative to iTunes for transferring files to your iOS device.

Just an FYI, but ifunbox on windows does some nasty stuff, like silently installing apps, and modifying browser home pages. I would not recommend this app unless you are OK or knowledgeable about computers to reverse what it does.

For me, I think the dropbox integration is excellent.

• @Fotizimo said:

@samu said:
    iFunBox is a better alternative to iTunes for transferring files to your iOS device.

Just an FYI, but ifunbox on windows does some nasty stuff, like silently installing apps, and modifying browser home pages. I would not recommend this app unless you are OK or knowledgeable about computers to reverse what it does.

For me, I think the dropbox integration is excellent.

Good to know, I'm on macOS and it behaves quite well and doesn't install any 'nasties' :)

• @samu said:

Good to know, I'm on macOS and it behaves quite well and doesn't install any 'nasties' :)

Yeah, I used it on my OSX as well, and it was wonderful. That is why I was so surprised to install it the other day, and find that even though I declined the install option to change to yahoo as my search engine, that it not only installed yahoo as my search engine, but as well added two other programs I had to immediately reverse out of. I won't go near that again unless they pay me.

• @Heyez so long as you zip your folder you can then unzip everything after you've imported it through iTunes. I'm no fan of iTunes either but I personally don't see ifunbox as any different, except in rare emergency situations. Anyway zip it before transferring it and you'll have a little easier time putting things where you want them to go.
  • @LucidMusicInc I think it's possible to move sample folders in BM3 3.02 (maybe even in current version) so iTunes' stubbornness to allow me to open folders when importing shouldn't be too much of a problem in practise :)
  • @Heyez to answer your initial question it is standard that you cannot open destination folders in the app in iTunes. You only have access to the inbox folder.