Beatmaker 3: Tips - Tricks - & Secrets

edited January 2018 in Tutorials, Tips & Tricks

Welcome!

Share and Learn.

Even if you have heard them before, that's OK, some people may not have.

Even if you think your 'Tip, Trick or Secret' is small (minor) still post, every little helps!

Even if you don't have a 'Tip, Trick or Secret', you may have a brilliant Workaround for something.

Looking Forward, and hopefully we can all benefit in some way :-)

Enjoy!

King

Note: ['Feature Requests' and 'Bug Reports' already have their own departments] - Cheers!

Tagged:

Comments

• I'll start with one I mentioned before, just to get things rolling (I do have more) :)

When creating a new session:

1, Click 'NEW'.
    2, Click 'SAVE --> Save Session.
    3, Give it a name. (eg; 'Big Tune').
    4, Go and find it (Big Tune) in the browser.
    5, Move it to a folder of your choice. (You have made your own folders right?).
    6, Click on the session 'Big Tune' and load it.
    7, Now start creating that ... 'Big Tune' :)

All Recordings etc will go to your folder of choice, this will keep things a little more organised until we are able to save to a specific location.

Do all this before adding a single sample or kit etc, as moving sessions after you have added stuff is a no-no (or .. Doh!)

Hope this helps someone out.

King

• Tip!

Get into the habit of Re-naming your Patterns as you go.

It's easier as:
    Intro, Verse 1, Chorus 1 Bridge etc etc..
    Or Drum fill, Break, Transpose +3 etc etc..

Instead of Pattern 1, Pattern 2, Pattern 3 etc,

It will save a lot of confusion and faffing about later.

King

• The above is also true and good for banks, especially now we have another 120 added.

This is appreciated a lot in ther Mixer view.

King

• Tip!

Session etc re-naming.

To immediately see the full changes to a session, bank or sample you have re-named, load that new-named file immediately, (a kind of refresh, if you will).

King

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tip:

Pre 3.0.2, when an AU used to hang, I would tap the name in the Mixer and this would serve as a panic (at that time it was the only way, for me).

Don't know if it still works, haven't encountered a hang for a while, but if it does, it may be quicker to reach for, depending on where you are located within the UI.

King

• edited September 2017

@KING said:
    Tip:

Pre 3.0.2, when an AU used to hang, I would tap the name in the Mixer and this would serve as a panic (at that time it was the only way, for me).

Don't know if it still works, haven't encountered a hang for a while, but if it does, it may be quicker to reach for, depending on where you are located within the UI.

King

Dear @KING

This tip is awesome(!), and helps fix a weird problem I sometimes get with AUs such as Brambos's Troublemaker where a midi note gets stuck on and causes the note to sustain permanently, which is a big issue on a monosynth, as it causes the audio To sustain on one note until it fades out and then makes no more sound.

Sure enough, tapping the channel strip for troublemaker (note: not the bank strip, you have to double-tap/drill down first) causes a panic/reset which gets things working again.

Previously I was having to save the session and force quit to solve this, so thanks a bunch!

T

• @tk32 said:

@KING said:
    Tip:

King

Dear @KING

This tip is awesome(!), and helps fix a weird problem I sometimes get with AUs such as Brambos's Troublemaker where a midi note gets stuck on and causes the note to sustain permanently, which is a big issue on a monosynth, as it causes the audio To sustain on one note until it fades out and then makes no more sound.

Sure enough, tapping the channel strip for troublemaker (note: not the bank strip, you have to double-tap/drill down first) causes a panic/reset which gets things working again.

Previously I was having to save the session and force quit to solve this, so thanks a bunch!

T

Hey @tk32,

I appreciate the appreciation. :)

Always a pleasure knowing something you've said has helped a-nother.

Also glad to hear that the 'Trick', still does the trick.. ;)

Bless!

King

• There is now (post 3.0.2) a button in settings. Never used it myself. Yet!

Choice is good!

King

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2017

@triton100 said:

@KING said:

@tk32 said:

@KING said:
    Tip:

King

Dear @KING

T

Hey @tk32,

I appreciate the appreciation. :)

Always a pleasure knowing something you've said has helped a-nother.

Also glad to hear that the 'Trick', still does the trick.. ;)

Bless!

King

@KING @tk32 i appreciate you appreciating the appreciation.

@triton100,

Appreciated! :)

King

• Is it actually a secret if it is on here?

;)

• edited September 2017

@RUSTiK said:
    Is it actually a secret if it is on here?

;)

Yep! ;) (and don't tell anyone)

King

• There aren't many people using the forum, so most of it is secret haha

• edited December 2017
    This may or may not be known..

..but just decovered it. 

Long prees Undo or Redo will give you a history... and the ability to jump to one of those actions. :)

-Connecting Tip!
    It’s also a good place to know if your actions can be ‘un-done’, such as Fx tweaks (which can’t). - ‘Already bug reported’..

___

King

• Yeah we were discussing how the history stack on the long press could be made better in a thread last week, cool stuff.
  • Oh cool!

And yes! Cool stuff! :-)

___

King

• edited December 2017
    5pinlink said:
    Yeah we were discussing how the history stack on the long press could be made better in a thread last week, cool stuff.

If you or anyone can remember which thread that was, could you link me up!

I wouldn’t mind reading that. 

Cheers!

___

King

Added: so many threads, so lit... etc..
  • No worries, found it. 

___

King

• @king can i split this in to individual threads and list them in the consolidated tips n tricks ?

• Yep! No worries..

Keep this one alive though :)

King