BM3 Faders Midi Mapped.

edited September 2017 in Support

I didn't think this was possible yet, anyone confirm?

Comments

• I haven't watched the video, are you sure it is not layer gain ?
    Layer gain can be controlled via MIDI.

• Not watched the vid yet and at home where just have mobile internet.

I map my four 'main' banks to macros 13-16 and map a 'select bank 'N'' button directly below each fader. I just click the button quickly before touching the fader.

Not perfect and a waste of 4 mappable buttons, but it's 'ok' for live jamming until proper mixer mapping arrives.
  • I asked the guy in the comments and he said the faders were mapped in BM3 I was wondering how he did it that was all.

• edited August 2017

@jumpercollins said:
    I asked the guy in the comments and he said the faders were mapped in BM3 I was wondering how he did it that was all.

Open the mixer
    Select bank
    Double tap the header or tap Open Pads
    Double tap the faders and map them to macros
    Settings -> midi - bind macros to hardware

It works beautifully within a bank, so long as the bank is selected.

• That's good news will try my korg nano Kontrol today

• @TheMediocritist brilliant idea actually, to work and mix all inside one bank!
  • @OscarSouth said:
    @TheMediocritist brilliant idea actually, to work and mix all inside one bank!

Maybe. I don’t know that going 3 layers deep to map faders is a great solution. ;)

I’ve got a love/hate relationship with Beatmaker 3. Some of the stuff it can do makes me very happy, but the journey can be testing. Some days I need to decide whether to spend 4 hours trying to get it to do what I want (with a 50% chance of satisfaction) or whether to spend half an hour building a few 8 bar loops in Novation’s apps and dumping them into Launchpad for performance/song completion (>95% chance of satisfaction).

I persist with Beatmaker because the sampler lets me do things no other app does, and because the occasional endorphin rush of a new discovery (grind, grind, grind, OH WOW!) has me hooked. And because it’s just so damn pretty.

Back on topic: global macros are apparently coming some time so that might be neat. But I guess if the controller is mapped to global volumes, you can’t easily adjust individual pad volumes like in the video? Maybe I set one row of faders to global for bank volumes, and a second row for pad volumes on selected bank? I might need a bigger controller!