Moved from FR (Solved) Focus Actions to select SCENES

edited September 2017 in Support

I would really like to be able to map the SCENES to buttons on a midi controller.

Am I missing something or is this mot implemented?

Could this be added with focus actions so i can map the SCENES to whatever buttons on my controllers I choose?

THANKS!
:)

Comments

• Scène mode and tap a pad :blush:

• wait, what?? .......
    :(
    NOT solved AT ALL
    Feeling FRUSTRATED...

I do not want to turn individual tracks inside of ONE BANK on and off.
    I do not want to swap ONE LOOP inside of ONE BANK in real-time.

I want to TRIGGER FULL SCENES by pressing one button on a midi controller.

If this is currently possible, can some one please EXPLAIN.
    :)
    THANKS

• I will move it back to FR, but if you go to pad mode, you can select scene and trigger them that way.
    So your FR is to trigger scenes on the scenes tab of the song/pattern/scene mode ?
  • " if you go to pad mode, you can select scene and trigger them that way."

I am not embarrassed to admit as I already stated above,
    I DO NOT UNDERSTAND this and it does not seem to be what I want to do.

Does anyone know of a video showing and/or EXPLAINING this?
    I've already search the manual and could not figure this out...

"So your FR is to trigger scenes on the scenes tab of the song/pattern/scene mode ?"
    my request is very clear and very plain:

I want to TRIGGER FULL SCENES by pressing one button on a midi controller.

• edited August 2017

And when you go to pad mode and use the scenes tab, this does not work ?
    I haven't tested it with a MIDI controller, just assumed it worked like any other pad, so maybe this is a bug if it is not working for you.

• edited August 2017

This makes no sense to me. Am I dense?

I need multiple patterns on multiple banks to change when I hit ONE pad on my MIDI controller and change the entire scene.

Like how we do it in Ableton - ONE SIMPLE BUTTON PRESS to change the entire scene

How would I assign a complete scene change to ONE MIDI PAD?

Anyone?

• edited August 2017
    Sorry but the image above is very clear, when you have scenes for a particular bank, they will be on the pads in scene mode when that bank is selecyed, im out right now but i can do a video tomorrow if needs be.
  • "when THAT bank is selected"

OK, I get what you are saying I think, but this only makes sense if my entire track is in ONE BANK, which it is not...

I need to change the scene in ALL BANKS at once like how it works in scene mode when I just press the scene button. One button and everything changes on all the banks at one time.

• OK, I think i explained that badly.

Banks of Samplers/AU have no intrinsic link to a bank of scenes, so when i said "When that bank is selected" I mean't that bank of scenes, not that bank of Samplers/AU, my fault, should have been clearer.

Any scenes you create will be in the bank of scenes (Pad mode/Scene button) no matter if a scene has bank A or indeed Bank A and D in it, scenes are built up of any amount of banks you like, banks are not linked to scenes at all.

So create your scenes, go to pad mode, clic the scene button , and all your scenes will be there to play on pads.

• # THANK YOU FOR THAT EXPLANATION!

I FINALLLLLLLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the WEIRDEST WORKFLOW - ?!?!?!

Who on earth would expect that suddenly it does not matter what bank you are in to do this,
    when EVERYTHING ELSE IN BM3 it does matter what bank is selected....

I love BM3 so much, but this workflow is a messssssssss..........

(SIDE NOTE: I will probably change my opinion when we get some kind of GLOBAL MACRO solution, until then - imo this workflow is odd and limiting...)

• @DeanDaughters said:

Who on earth would expect that suddenly it does not matter what bank you are in to do this,
    when EVERYTHING ELSE IN BM3 it does matter what bank is selected....

All except you :wink: