A lot of crashes and other problems with audiodamage plugins

in 3.0.2 i have a lot of problems with my default set. I am using a lot of audiodamage plugins on my different pads, like rough rider 2, FuzzPlus3, Pumphouse.. i have created a short demo techno session for youtube and now i cannot open my Session again, first i have the remove fuzzplus, Pumphouse than add these plugins again, then it worked..

Comments

• Which Ipad ?
    Can somebody confirm this who owns the AD plugins if possible please.

• I've definitely had fucky behaviour when reloading sessions with them, but have also had problems with Ruismaker (pre-update, not tested since) so assumed it was a general AU thing
  • I will leave it in unconfirmed for now until we can get solid confirmation on this.
    I will grab all the AD stuff at some point and test them myself anyway.

• I can confirm this behavior with Grind on my 12.9 2017 Pro on 10.3.3

• That is specific to the 2017 pro though, that is according to Chris Randall AD developer.
    Any idea if it is the same on other iPads @drez ?
  • I will test it later with iPad Pro NOT 2017 :blush:

• For general info, I had the issues on Mini4 10.3.3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have a iPad pro12 9" (2016 model). I am on 10.2 and using BM3.0.2.

I do not have any issues with Audio damage plugins. I have a project going right now with Fuzz, EOS2 and I have not had a crash yet.

• I have the same problem with my ipad on 10.3.3 and AD apps.

What I´ve noticed:

After loading a session and begin to play, loaded AD apps (EOS2 and Dubstation 2) randomly start crackling the sound for 3 seconds, after that it crashes bm3 and i have no sound in bm3 (also after restart bm3), also the gui of the crashed AD app is empty. only an complete ipad restart helps

AD apps in the session, bm3 crashes randomly when i want to type in a specific value for a stock plugin in bm3.
    without ad apps, there´s no problem with it

Hope you can fix it.

• I've only used the freebie AD plugs but NP so far here. 2017 9.7"(or something like that screen size.. I forget..)
  • @feinbeat said:
    I have the same problem with my ipad on 10.3.3 and AD apps.

What I´ve noticed:

After loading a session and begin to play, loaded AD apps (EOS2 and Dubstation 2) randomly start crackling the sound for 3 seconds, after that it crashes bm3 and i have no sound in bm3 (also after restart bm3), also the gui of the crashed AD app is empty. only an complete ipad restart helps

AD apps in the session, bm3 crashes randomly when i want to type in a specific value for a stock plugin in bm3.

Hope you can fix it.

@feinbeat said:
    I have the same problem with my ipad on 10.3.3 and AD apps.

What I´ve noticed:

Hope you can fix it.

I have exactly same experience with AudioDamage and also with DDMF 6144. So maybe this problem is related to AU. It's very unstable in this stage. My weekly work is gone because saved projects just don't play anymore or plugins AU crashes or they load in default presets. I just spend 3 hours trying open my last project. I give up.

• Sounds pretty worrying :/ This is the kind of stuff that kept me away from ios for so long. Hopefully it's all fixable.. Was planning to cop some of the paid AD plugs soon..
  • @triton100 the Pumphouse AU or IAA syncs to link rather than the host tempo ?
    If it is the AU then there is a serious issue with Pumphouse, an AU shouldn't even support Link, it should just use the host tempo.

• @triton100 said:

@NoirFlux said:
    I have a iPad pro12 9" (2016 model). I am on 10.2 and using BM3.0.2.

I do not have any issues with Audio damage plugins. I have a project going right now with Fuzz, EOS2 and I have not had a crash yet.

How about with pumphouse ? Unusable here on a 10.5. Constant 'plugin has crashed' and then no sound until restart. And otherwise all audio effect info gets reset each time. Nothing saved so you have to programme the effect from scratch.

Save effect preset does not work either.

Also on session reload the tempo syncs to the tempo of ableton linked synths rather than than following bm3s , and ignores whatever tempo you saved the session as.

I tried pumphouse the other day. Did not have any issues. I will do some more tests again tonight

• edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i have similar issues. i havent noticed anything special with Phosphor though iam using all AD plugins Alot.

• edited August 2017
    Because I love their sound, I jettisoned all my BM3 AD plugins to my secondary iPad (Air2) which I use to host the heavy stuff on. One Dubstation and one Eos (nothing else) was pushing processor usage in AUM beyond what id'd expect and getting processor spikes of over 600% (and crazy glitching).

Dumped.

Sometimes they will run perfectly and I can run plenty of extra stuff besides, but I can't work with 'sometimes'. I love their sound so will be checking back regularly.
  • edited August 2017

Just an FYI, Mverb in Beatmaker is actually Martin Eastwoods Mverb, this algo is one of the best low CPU reverbs ever made.
    Unfortunately the over the top ****fest when it comes to Sean Costello/Bricasti/Lexicon (EOS is Sean Costello) has a lot of people ignoring some of the best algo reverbs because they are free (Freeverb/Mverb for example)

Also as pointed out, Pumphouse is designed to do something that other IOS host cant do, but BM3 does it in a much much better way than Pumphouse because you can Duck and Expand, both of which can be controlled by a pad sequence or audio, Pumphouse simply is not needed in BM3.

I am not saying don't use AD plugins here by the way, and there is obvious issues here that need fixing whichever end it is Intua or AD, but some of these plugins simply are bettered by native effects in BM3 already IMHO.

• @5pinlink great info. Thanks for sharing all the great wisdom with us! (In general, not just here). I've leaned a lot from your posts.
  • edited August 2017

To be honest, if some of the Reverb designers mentioned above actually give a **** about using reverbs (They don't and Sean Costello, who is a really nice bloke, is completely open about this, he has a passion for algorithmic math) we would be able to go and use a selection of beat synced Reverbs that engineers have been asking for for over twenty years now, and still nobody releases one.

Pre delay most commonly (note i said most commonly, not always) set to 32nd notes of current tempo (OK a smidge of a couple ms added)
    Size/Length whatever they want to call it, commonly set to fall between the meter (OK probably subtract the pre delay)

All that could be done by one clever reverb developer, actually not even clever, it is very very basic math, and honestly, has been asked for for so many years that it beggars belief that the only development in reverbs is in algorithms.

Sorry got my engineer rant on there (Developers make nothing at all for engineers, it is all for the shiny shiny)
    Now you can see why i closed the studio down hahaha