headset input: Line in Jack???

edited November 2008 in General
I was just curious....

If the new update will allow us to record through the mic jack, is it possible to run a line in through the same jack?

ex. like a PODXT (or any gtr amp simulator) line out , use and 1/8 inch (or iphone adapter) and simply feed the signal into beatmaker (in record mode)

I'm probably reach for the stars here, but If I could plug a grt into my iphone.....wow.

Comments

• edited 10:20AM
    You can go ahead and make the connection, but there's no way (at least no way that the software can give you) to bypass the microphone preamp into the phone. It might not be a problem, though. I say try it and see how it sounds. You may have to turn the volume down. Also you may have to tweak the POD settings to compensate for some tonal coloration that the iPhone's mic preamp may have. I actually have no idea what kind of sutff happens between mic and A/D in the iPhone, but I think you should download one of the voice-recorder apps and give it a try. Let us know!
  • CF3CF3
    edited 10:20AM
    companies like Belkin make some input devices, they're just not supporting 2g touch/iphone as of yet... i'll keep on the look out and post em' as they come up. it would be way cool to be able to sample into Beatmaker thru a line input and not thru some ghetto ass microphone on a headset
  • edited 10:20AM
    You don't need a special device. As I posted in the other thread about this, you can connect to the mic input by getting a 1/8" tip/ring/ring/sleeve to triple RCA cable. The yellow RCA plug is the mic input. If you put a RCA to 1/4" adapter on it, you can connect directly to your POD. That way you're directly connected, but I assume there's a mic preamp in there.
  • CF3CF3
    edited 10:20AM
    yeah i know about the 1/8" jack deal....but that is not a line level output. i use a 1/8" stereo jack now, and the output is weak.