d

edited September 2017 in Support

d

Comments

• There was a feature request to have MIDI messages stopped when you press mute, so for example if you are triggering a hardware synth via MIDI, when you press mute on that track, the MIDI being sent to that external synth will stop being sent.

• edited September 2017

d

• edited September 2017

All mutes work the same as far as i am aware

• edited September 2017

d

• Personally I wanted audio only mutes on the mixer for DJ style transforms, but that didn't happen, I'm not a big fan of mutes stoping MIDI, it is a terrible feature in my book, any long notes you have to wait for them to be retriggerred after they are unmuted.

• edited September 2017

d

• edited September 2017

d

• I am a little confused as to what this feature does too. In my case, I have for example an AU drum machine such as Ruismaker on pad 1, and then I have set up pads 2-6 to trigger the one instance of RM by assigning all pads to the same link group and assigning each pad the corresponding pad note that triggers a sound in RM, in the order in which I am used to finger drumming with my pad controller. Pads 2-6 have a silent sample loaded so they are 'active'.
    Now with this midi mute update I was expecting it to be possible to mute a pad's midi so it wouldn't be sent to RM, but this is not working as I expected. Is this maybe related to me using the link group? Maybe there is a better way to do it?

Nevertheless, what I really would like is to be able to mute not only whole midi patterns but individual midi notes within patterns, just like in midi sequencers that I have previously used.

• Copied from other thread (Not sure what all the d stuff means ? )

@gosnote
    What you are trying to do is not mute MIDI.
    You have set up Ruismaker on one pad, that pad is the only thing sending MIDI to Ruismaker.
    The links you have set up are not actually MIDI, they are links telling pad 1 to send MIDI to Ruismaker.

So to simplify, what you need is...
    "When muting a linked pad, it will mute the link"

• Looks like instead of muting his pads, @canister has muted his forum posts instead.

• I was wondering if it was another forum bug, but it seems doubtful.
  • Lol.:)
    i'm not muting anything at the mo because i don't have a pad. waiting for one from the postie.
    terrible timing, really. bm3 will be the first installation

• Only at the weekend :wink:

• the a, b and c's were pretty good. check 'em out.
    i thought d had potential.
    not sure i'm up for doing the e's now.
    i'd personally recommend t, h and c. probably the best combination

• e and h?! i've never tried that combination.
    you know you could end up with a nasty habit there.

• edited September 2017

@canister CBD is fine with me :wink:

• Three Xs always makes my weekend.

• funny you should mention that. yesterday i went into my vape shop to get some liquid and noticed they were selling c,b and d. i asked the guy, he said it was the real deal but he'd not tried it. ??

music is the x, t and c combination

• @canister Ha ha ha - yep - I find it helps *without* the fogginess. Full spectrum paste is good too, but yes, first things first - music is a composure sense of taste, smell and touch... it all depends on the recipe and the appetite of course ;)
  • edited September 2017

This thread reminds me of a classic Drum & Bass joke I read years ago on the DOA forums..

Even if the music industry kills D&B, we'd still have plenty of 'rum' and 'ass'.

• Hahaha DOA is still one of the best forums around, I wish some of these "You cant talk like that on a forum" squad would spend a day there, well lets be honest they wouldn't last a day haha

• edited September 2017

Ha ha! Yes. That would be good :)

• using c, b and the d and other related combos can lead to chronic amiability.
    i've not been on doa but i did check out one for the mpc1000. they were all bad mothers there and ridiculed some member for asking a 'how can i do this' question!
    the electribe 2 facebook forum for about 2yrs used to get incredibly abusive a times. it was amazing with so much music posted, most of which was live.

• DOA isn't abusive, it is very much 'UK pub' that is how we are, if you saw somebody getting abused it was because they ignored stickied posts giving all the answers to the questions not only they were asking, but had been asked a billion times ;)
    Swearing isn't abuse in the UK, it is just how we talk.

• the abuse was on the electribe 2 facebook forum not doa. people were arguing about korg's change from the previous model.
    uk pub? i was under the impression that 'pub life' south of hadrian's wall was mostly about milk drinking and dominoes?!

• edited September 2017

Nah we dont eat much pizza in pubs, drink weak piss alcohol and replace normal words with swears "Did ya see that **** on the ****ing **** *******, what a ****ing ****.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.