"ghost " automations

For now, it happened three times, on different projects : a track automation which remains for ever, even after you deleted this automation and that its window is totally empty, no edition point at all. For example, the send effect knob 1 on a track which starts to move at the same timeline position. Or a volume automation which doesn't go away, always at the same moment, even after deleting this volume automation (and checked if this automation wasn't affiliated to a pad inside the bank). And this "ghost" or remaining automations are here after reopening the projects every day for a month. I really don't know how to get rid of them, and it's really annoying, especially a track volume automation.

Comments

• Can you upload the project ?

• Where do I upload it, DropBox and I send you the link ?

• I not a very heavy project but not a small too, and I just move in so I don't have an personal internet connection yet so I use a public one, and the connection speed is super slow, so I will probably upload it this night.

• edited September 2017

error

• @5pinlink said:
    Can you upload the project ?

Where do I upload it, DropBox and I send you the link ?

• @cyril777 have you checked to see if the automation is being stored inside the pattern, instead of on the timeline?

You access timeline automations in song view.

You access pattern automations in pattern view.

Apologies for stating the obvious if you knew this already.
  • Yes dropbox is fine, will take a look when i get home ;)

• @tk32 said:
    @cyril777 have you checked to see if the automation is being stored inside the pattern, instead of on the timeline?

don't apologize, you're absolutely right because it's the first thing I checked when I faced this problem the first time. And to go on with your remark, I can say that even after I deleted the pattern, the automation of the send 1 knob was still here. I wanted to post screenshots but it doesn't seem to work from an iPad and I don't have my computer with me.

• @cyril777 said:

@tk32 said:
    @cyril777 have you checked to see if the automation is being stored inside the pattern, instead of on the timeline?

don't apologize, you're absolutely right because it's the first thing I checked when I faced this problem the first time. And to go on with your remark, I can say that even after I deleted the pattern, the automation of the send 1 knob was still here. I wanted to post screenshots but it doesn't seem to work from an iPad and I don't have my computer with me.

@cyrill777 Did this bug get addressed in the latest update?

• @philowerx said:

@cyril777 said:

@tk32 said:

@cyrill777 Did this bug get addressed in the latest update?

Yes, and the project in which I'm having this bug was created in the first version of BM3. But I'm still working on this project and the bug is still here.
    (Sorry, I didn't send you my project because I don't have internet installed yet so I use a public spot from my home, so the speed is super low. I tried to upload my project to Dropbox last time during the night but it failed).

• I finally have the explanation of this bug. Well, it's not really a satisfying explanation but I found the cause of this "ghost automation". The automation was written on another bank track. This unwanted and unwritten automation was on my F1 bank, and I discovered that the automation edition was written on my B1 bank track ... very weird. And of course, the B1 bank track wasn't affected by this automation. Any thoughts ?