Why do both plug-ins still play when they're on separate channels?

I load my iM1 plug-in into 1 bank and my M3000(mellotron) plug-in into another bank and both always play together from my Arturia Analog Lab USB keyboard no matter which bank I have selected. How do I make it play the currently loaded bank only?

Also the iM1 plugin gets stuck and drones on sometimes after I press stop.

Comments

• @taosophy said:
    I load my iM1 plug-in into 1 bank and my M3000(mellotron) plug-in into another bank and both always play together from my Arturia Analog Lab USB keyboard no matter which bank I have selected. How do I make it play the currently loaded bank only?

Also the iM1 plugin gets stuck and drones on sometimes after I press stop.

I’m no midi wizard, but it sounds like they are both listening to the same data. Have you tried assigning different channels to each? They are both iaa, I presume?

• Yep. They are both IAAs tried assigning different channels too. Perhaps the channel assigning was done wrong. Different pad numbers, perhaps?

• Did you set iM1 and M3000 to separate MIDI Channels?

• Yeah. I think I'm just setting the doing it wrong, out of order or something.

• Apparently, according to this video: you can play multiple midi devices in from individual banks--which makes me think that you can't do what I'm trying to do, play multiple banks from one midi device triggering seperate IAA plug-ins.

• edited September 2017

Just IAA nonsense, works fine with AUs, works fine with most IAA, M3000 is your problem here.

Tried it with combos of other IAAs and it works fine but it wont work with M3000.

Notably M3000 doesnt work at all unless the MIDI settings are hard set to its input, i suspect that is the problem ;)

• edited September 2017

M3000 really needs updating to AU

• makes a little sense, as the M3000 wouldn't work consistently even on it's own.

• ..and the M3000 was just another plug-in I had. Wasn't particularly looking to use it, per se. I'll try another. thanks.