Timeline editing midi

ALBALB
edited September 2017 in Support

I often record midi in BM3 where I would like the beginning (let's say the beginning bar or two) completely cut, so that the resulting midi notes and automation can be slid over to the beginning. Ideally, I would be able to do this in the timeline or, when tapping, the expanded view, but this appears to be a no go. Is there a dependable workaround for this? I suspect that I must be missing something very basic (I am in the middle of reading the latest manual - might be in there, might not).

I know that in other DAWs, the timelines are very editable (delete a few seconds or so from the recorded info in the timeline and simply move it wherever), but BM3 is thus far appearing opaque to me in this regard. When I tap on recorded midi information in the timeline in BM3, it does not appear to offer options to simply delete a bar or two (delete all or duplicate only). Of course, audio tracks are a bit easier in this regard (double tap, expanded view, edit, trim, etc.), though I would prefer it to have expanded timeline edit options as well. Again, I feel like I'm missing something incredibly basic.

Comments

• edited September 2017

Select the pattern you want to cut in song view. Grab the scissors tool. Tap where you want to cut. The section to the left of the cut will retain the original pattern name and the section to the right will be a new pattern with a new name.

Also, if you select the pattern in song view, you will see white lines around it. The vertical line along the right edge of the pattern will allow you to change the ending point...longer if there are more bars in the pattern or to the left to shorten the pattern.

So, for the beginning, chop it. For the ending chop it or roll it with the white line (no name for that? :smiley: )

• @ mre8 - thanks for that. Will try when I get another moment.

• @mre8 said:
    Select the pattern you want to cut in song view. Grab the scissors tool. Tap where you want to cut. The section to the left of the cut will retain the original pattern name and the section to the right will be a new pattern with a new name.

Also, if you select the pattern in song view, you will see white lines around it. The vertical line along the right edge of the pattern will allow you to change the ending point...longer if there are more bars in the pattern or to the left to shorten the pattern.

So, for the beginning, chop it. For the ending chop it or roll it with the white line (no name for that? :smiley: )

Worked like a charm! Frustration temporarily ended, on to new frustrating adventures!