Audio Damage Pumphouse issus

edited October 2017 in Bug reports

So apparently Audio Damages Pumphouse is crashing in BM3 when I use more than one instance and when I reload a project where only one instance was used. Im thinking its an issue Audio Damage would have to address , but I figure Id give the BM3 developer a heads up as well.

Comments

• Having a similar issue on a track I had worked on. Sometimes I can get it to load but most times it fails.

• This could be an issue with the JUCE framework that some AUv3's are built with...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1x instance of Pumphouse is all I ever need ;)

(...apologies I don't have anything more constructive to add here)

• @triton100 said:
    Hey @strizbiz yeah there’s a thread somewhere here I think that I might have actually made can’t remember. And also something at audiobus forums. @5pinlink is doing a wicked job at collating which AUs are working or not and feeding back to the devs as well as loads of other issues. Hopefully will be sorted one way or another soon. I’ve abandoned in meanwhile and just use sidechain compression as work around.

That tickled me
    Audio Damage "Hey we have created a plugin to workaround your host not having sidechain"
    BM3 user "Doesn't work, will have to use sidechain as a workaround"

Hahaha

• edited September 2017

@5pinlink said:

@triton100 said:
    Hey @strizbiz yeah there’s a thread somewhere here I think that I might have actually made can’t remember. And also something at audiobus forums. @5pinlink is doing a wicked job at collating which AUs are working or not and feeding back to the devs as well as loads of other issues. Hopefully will be sorted one way or another soon. I’ve abandoned in meanwhile and just use sidechain compression as work around.

That tickled me
    Audio Damage "Hey we have created a plugin to workaround your host not having sidechain"

Hahaha

Sorry, I fail to see whats so funny, yes BM3 has side chain compression, but it doesnt have some of the features Pumphouse does, .....sooooo.... yeah.... whatever. I was talking to the DEVELOPER of the app btw ;)

• @strizbiz said:

@5pinlink said:

@triton100 said:

That tickled me

Hahaha

Sorry, I fail to see whats so funny, yes BM3 has side chain compression, but it doesnt have some of the features Pumphouse does, .....sooooo.... yeah.... whatever. I was talking to the DEVELOPER of the app btw ;)

Oh I don’t think 5pin meant anything by it. I took it as a being “cheeky” (I don’t know if I’m using that expression right... I’m an American that’s not very worldly).

• edited September 2017

@strizbiz said:

@5pinlink said:

@triton100 said:

That tickled me

Hahaha

BeatMaker 3 dynamics can do everything pumphouse does (more in fact) but I apologise for you having no sense of humour ;)

• edited September 2017
    I just want to echo the sentiment that there is still a valid place for Pumphouse in DAWs that already include sidechain compression.

1. It's quick and easy
    2. My BM3 session stays neat and tidy (no bloat)
    3. I can build a quick 16-step sequence without having to create a dedicated sidechain track.
    4. I can easily sculpt (and later readjust) a perfect transient shape (attack/decay) without having to dig around my bass drum samples for the shape I want.
    5. I was also going to say less resources/CPU compared to using an audio signal but this may not be the case ;)
  • For the record, nobody ever said dont use Pumphouse or it isn't useful ;)

1. I can easily sculpt (and later readjust) a perfect transient shape (attack/decay) without having to dig around my bass drum samples for the shape I want.

I just use a looped white noise sample in the BM3 sampler. Then I can quickly sequence a midi pattern exactly how I want it and I can adjust the ADSR to fit the groove. I can even automate that!

Not to hijack the thread, but just putting an option out there that works really well for me and is already in BM3.

• Thanks @drez I hadn't considered that before. Perhaps one to add to the Tips and Tricks thread?

• @d4d0ug I’m sure @drez already has a working solution, but the mixer is confirmed to be getting pre/post send options in 3.0.4. That’ll make it simple.
  • Just mute the channel, sidechain is pre anyway
  • edited October 2017
    Sorry, no where near my ipad right now, will check for you tomorrow, could be that the new mute system in 3.0.3 has stopped it working.
    That being the case they need to pull the 3.0.3 release as soon as possible, because that is terrible !!
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Hmm.... When I mute the ‘triggering’ white noise channel it no longer activates the compression (side chain)...

Yeah looks like this is the case. Guess we gotta wait for pre/post.

• edited October 2017
    I have already sent @mathieugarcia an email to explain that the updated mute system needs removing or overhaulling to what i suggested.
    Releasing updates that downgrade the application is not a good thing really :(
  • edited October 2017

@5pinlink said:

@strizbiz said:

@5pinlink said:

@triton100 said:

That tickled me

Hahaha

BeatMaker 3 dynamics can do everything pumphouse does (more in fact) but I apologise for you having no sense of humour

Well with Pumphouse you can get a quick side compression effect.... without feeding it a sidechain input.... fyi, you cant do that in BM3....no need to apologize for my sense of humor.... you might want to work on not being so smug and thinking you know more than everyone else, lol. Again.... I left my comment for the developer, since he's the only one that can actually maybe do something about it? From now on Ill just pm him directly with any issues I run into.

• @strizbiz said:

@5pinlink said:

@strizbiz said:

@5pinlink said:

@triton100 said:

That tickled me

Hahaha

BeatMaker 3 dynamics can do everything pumphouse does (more in fact) but I apologise for you having no sense of humour

Well with Pumphouse you can get a quick side compression effect.... without feeding it a sidechain input.... fyi, you cant do that in BM3....no need to apologize for my sense of humor.... you might want to work on not being so smug and thinking you know more than everyone else, lol. Again.... I left my comment for the developer, since he's the only one that can actually maybe do something about it? From now on Ill just pm him directly with any issues I run into.

Are you for real ?

• @5pinlink said:

@strizbiz said:

@5pinlink said:

@strizbiz said:

@5pinlink said:

@triton100 said:

That tickled me

Hahaha

Are you for real ?

very real, unless you can help rewrite the code and fix any issues with it, then you rally arent any help to me at all, no offense. I dont come to the forum specifically for you bro, lol.

• edited October 2017

What ?
    This is a public forum, people will post, if you want to speak only to the developers, then do so by some other means bro.

Oh and i have moved your thread bro, I put it in bug reports so it is more likely to get seen by the developers bro.

• Yeah @strizbiz not sure what the problem is. If you don’t expect a public response on a public forum, why would you post this at all? If you just wanted the developer to respond, it seems like it makes more sense to just send the issue to them. As to your issue with @5pinlink that seems odd as he’s actually curating your post to get it more likely to be seen by intua. I think his poking fun at something that’s supposed to do sidechaining but doesn’t work and the workaround is to do it with internal tools is just that...a joke. I laughed. Big deal.

Further, he responds on lots of threads because he’s involved in the community and trying to further the product. I welcome that and thankful for his contributions.

Good luck getting a “select group of responders” to your posts.

• edited October 2017

@ayeshagurgaon said:
    I simply need to resound the supposition that there is as yet a substantial place for Pumphouse in DAWs that as of now incorporate sidechain pressure.

1. It's brisk and simple
    2. My BM3 session remains slick and clean (no swell)
    3. I can fabricate a brisk 16-step grouping without creating a devoted sidechain track.
    4. I can undoubtedly shape (and later straighten out) an immaculate transient shape (assault/rot) without digging around my bass drum tests for the shape I need.
      5pin..just removing the link to the prostitute ;)

Damn bots have now started impersonating me!!

They copied my earlier post and have attempted to improve my prose by exchanging random words using a thesaurus lookup.

"Echo the sentiment" has now become "Resound the supposition" LOL

• edited October 2017

Wow that is one of the cleverest spambots i have ever come across !!!!
    The damn spam actually makes good sense (nearly) lol.

• The only issue I have right now is that on my 2017 IPad Pro 12.9 i cant run more than 3 instances of an AU because all of those AU instances will blow up if you try to reopen the session and you’ve got, for example, 4 instances of any AU. So I can’t throw Pumphouse on every channel. Further, since there are no channel groups where I can take, say, banks 1,2 and 3 and put them on their own channel group, then I am limited in how many of these I can run :( I know all you other iPad users out there don’t have this problem, but alas...some of us do.

Hopefully they (either Intua with a work around like AUM has or Apple for the real fix) can do us right soon.