Beatmaker 3 exporting via Dropbox to Auria

Anyone can help or advise
I made ten beats in beatmaker 3 and I tried to export so I can import it into auria for final mixing
but when I try, I get some of the (tracks) sounds missing.
I followed the tutorial I found on YouTube regarding exporting but Auria seems to only load the kick (for example )...
where the main sample at?
Then sometimes I reload it to try again and the main sample will load up but no kick....huh wtf
does this make any sense ?
anyone else having exporting issues on beatmaker 3

Comments

• Haha,

I just replied to you on the Auria forum:

"Hey @Markie4eyezz,

Not fully understanding the question.. "but Auria seems to only load the kick for example where the main sample at?"

Do you have AudioShare or another app that can play the exported file. If yes try it in there and see what the result is.

King"

King

• P.S; my BM3 Audio exports are perfect!

King

• @markie said:
    Anyone can help or advise
    I made ten beats in beatmaker 3 and I tried to export so I can import it into auria for final mixing
    but when I try, I get some of the (tracks) sounds missing.
    I followed the tutorial I found on YouTube regarding exporting but Auria seems to only load the kick (for example )...
    where the main sample at?
    Then sometimes I reload it to try again and the main sample will load up but no kick....huh wtf
    does this make any sense ?
    anyone else having exporting issues on beatmaker 3

Same here, every time I try to export I’m missing one or several sounds

• edited October 2017

I am having this same problem. Attempting to export all tracks of a bank. They don't always show up in the exports folder. Sometimes it's 1 of x, sometimes 2 of x total... can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Export was working fine in the first version for me.

• @king ...would you be willing to share your steps to export tracks, so we can see what we may be doing wrong or know if this is some bug...?

• edited October 2017

@mre8 said:
    @king ...would you be willing to share your steps to export tracks, so we can see what we may be doing wrong or know if this is some bug...?

..."steps to export tracks"...

Haven't exported/used the app in a while (been sorting out/focusing on some vehicles)

However, I just did a couple tests, works fine!

1. Tap 3 bars top left corner.
    2. Tap 'EXPORT' top right corner.
    3. Select your Export zone - Song/Loop etc..
    4. Press 'START EXPORT'.

I left all other settings the same, 'MASTER' - 'WAVE' - '24 bits'..

2nd test, I pressed 'TRACKS' and selected the tracks l wanted (which was just 4 for this test).
    Both times my exports were put into the 'Exports' folder.

Below is the tracks department with just 3 tracks highlighted:

Hope this helps!

Added: have not experimented with exporting "all tracks of a bank"... :)
    How are you guys going about this ^ ? then I can look into it..

King

• Thanks @KING.... this works for me too, but what about when you want to export each pad separately? For instance, kick on pad 1, snare on pad 2, etc. I want to export each pad separately to import to DAW. I guess technically it’s exporting pads, not tracks?

This MUST be a bug! In some projects, I can go deeper into the export track menu and select individual pads or all pads of a bank. If I’ve selected four pads, four wave files appear in the export folder...sometimes. Other times, only one out of them gets exported. Random.

• It's not really a bug, when one selects a bank it exports it as one file. If one needs the individual pads from a bank as separate files one can select them individually prior to export. That's why there is an > in the bank during export.

Last time I checked the selected pads get excluded from the 'bank mix' so one could for example select the 'bank' to export and the choose to have for example the kick pad as a separate file.

• edited October 2017

@Samu, I still don't understand. I don't want to exclude any of the pads and have the rest in a single file. I want each pad in a separate wave file.

Here are some examples of what I see as buggy behavior:

1. Select no pads, all pads export as one file...essentially whole bank is mixed down to stereo file. (expected behavior)
    2. Select pad 4. Only pad 4 exported. (expected behavior)
    3. Select pad 3. Pad 3 and 4 exported.
    4. Select pad 2. Only pad 2 is exported. (expected behavior)
    5. Select pad 1. Pad 1 and all pads as one file exported (two files in export folder).
    6. Select pad 2. Pad 2 and all pads as one file exported (two files in export folder).
    7. Select pad 4. Only pad 4 exported. (expected behavior)
    8. Select pad 2. Pad 2 and all pads as one file exported (two files in export folder).
    9. Select pad 1,2,3. Pad 2 is exported and all pads as one file exported (two files in export folder).
    10. Select pad 1,2,3,4. Pad 1,2,3,4 exported as individual files. (expected behavior)
    11. Select pad 1,2,3,4. Pad 1,2,3,4 exported as individual files and all pads as one file exported (two files in export folder).

While I can't consistently create what see as a bug, these trials above at least show there is inconsistent behavior in the export function. For example, in trial #3, I select pad 3, yet pad 3 AND 4 are exported. Why?

The selected pads are not necessarily getting excluded from the bank mix..as in trial #8 and #9.

How is it that this time around, selecting all of the pads exports each as a separate file (trial #10 and #11), but as you see in the pics I posted, this is not always the case?

The manual says:
    Audio export: Select MASTER if you want to export all your tracks into an audio file. When choosing TRACKS mode, a track/pad selector appears. In this case only the selected tracks or pads will be exported to the audio file.

This sounds like what you said, @samu . It does not say that each pad will be exported to a separate file. It's kind of vague and can be interpreted both ways. Still, because the app DOES exported each pad separately (just not consistently for me), I'm guessing this is the intended behavior (or it wouldn't do it at all).

Mike at Intua replied to my question and labeled this a bug. Odd that I have not heard any questiuons about this...

• @mre8 I'm not experiencing that kind of behaviour on my Air 2/iOS11.0.3 :(
    Tried with both BM3.0.3(release version) and BM3 3.0.4 Beta 6...

I will keep an extra eye out for export related issues while hunting down other bugs...

• Just did several tests!

First one I selected the first 4 pads in that bank, and all exported as expected.
    So then I tried 8... it only exported 2.

So I tried various numbers (up to 8, as that was the amount of pads used in that particular bank), results were very very random. Sometimes 2, sometimes 4 or 3 pads were exported.

Must be a bug! This thread should be changed from ‘Support’.

King

• edited October 2017

OK! I'm not nuts... :D .... thanks for checking for me @KING and @samu ... I will move this to bugs...

...oh cant do that! I did not start this thread. Got so lost in it, I didn't realize... @markie... will you move this to bugs?

• edited October 2017

More experimenting!

My first tests were with user imported samples.

But when I tested with the factory 'Lo-fi kit' all seems fine..
    See if this (factory vs user) makes a difference to you guys..

King

• I talked with Mike about this. The erratic exporting behavior is a bug that will be corrected in the next update he says. His reply:

"Hi, just a follow up. the devs were able to fix the export. it will be included in the next update which is coming very soon. thanks again for your effort"

...so that's good news

• Indeed yep!

From the forthcoming 3.0.4 update:

“Fixed individual pads audio export and fixed pad number listing in the panel; additionally, filename format is cleaner too.”

King

• I was having the same issues and thought I was doing something wrong. Great that there is a fix for this now!