Upcoming 3.0.4 Update Highlights

Comments

• BM2 users will love the support for BM2 projects. This list is crazy
  • I saw bm2 support and jumped for joy.
  • And now we wait hitting refresh for the next week
  • Lol. Yep.
  • Wow that is a pretty solid update list!

• :o wow nice work Intua!

• That is some huge update !!!!!!!

• Knew this one was going to be a payoff. Worth the wait (I’d have been happy with pre/post sends..).
  • Renamed the thread and stickied, hope thats ok @hansjbs

• happiness covers the sky :smiley:

• @5pinlink no complaints here. You're the man
  • Here's what's new in forthcoming update 3.0.4 for BeatMaker 3. A massive update that brings new features, behavior improvements and bug fixes. Expect more news on its availability soon!

Support of iOS11 Files.app drag’n’drop: you can drop sessions, banks, samples and ZIP files.
    Double tapping a bank track header in the sequencer and track helper will automatically select the track and jump to the Perform screen.
    Double tapping an audio track, output track or FX track header in the sequencer and track helper will automatically select the track and jump to the Mixer screen.
    Browser layout improvement: it is now possible toaccess the left global navigation bar while browsing.
    It is now possible to access the left global navigation bar from full screen keyboards, giving access to effects and macros panels.
    Added a “PLUGINS” tab in the browser for loading AUv3/IAAs/Audiobus plugins easily.
    Added Pre/Post Fader Sends option in the Mixer: just select a track and toggle the option.
    After a successful audio export, offer to share the audio or zipped content (in case of multi-track export).
    Native iPad Pro 10.5” resolution on iOS11+ (1112x834).
    Mute/Solo volume drop is now quicker.
    Improve the “Save Session” feature. It is now possible to save each bank separately as a copy, within the session folder.
    Added “Quick Save” for saving sessions rapidly.
    Double-tapping on Bank selector buttons in the Perform screen will not auto-open the Browser anymore. This was problematic in MUTE and SOLO modes.
    Dropbox file listing is now sorted alphabetically.
    In the mixer, pad channel strips now show the pad number below the track name.
    In the editor, added two handles around the preview keyboard at the bottom to scroll up and down.
    The editor sample preview button on the top toolbar will now play the currently displayed sample using layer settings.
    Added a “preview” button on the full-screen sample editor for previewing/auditioning selection without any layer/effects applied.
    BeatMaker 3 supports iOS11 Inter-device Audio and MIDI (iDAM). This lets you send audio and send/receive MIDI to/from your Mac computer, using a lightning cable.
    Mixer track muting behavior is now available as an option. It is now possible to select between muting just the audio, or audio + MIDI.
    Perform pad muting behavior is now available as an option. It is now possible to select between muting just the MIDI/events, or audio + MIDI.
    Support of BeatMaker 2 projects.
    Browser ‘Files’ mode will now auto-refresh directories when going back or saving a session, bank or sample.
    When favoriting an item in the browser, the list won’t jump back to the top.
    Track SOLO will now override MUTE state.
    The MVerb “Pre-Delay” parameter is now displayed in milliseconds.
    New touch handling for Pattern editor.
    Temporary focus in Pattern editor (long press without moving will zoom momentarily).
    Long press in pad/piano roll and timeline will enable row/column selection.
    Long-pressing a scene cell will display a panel. This is useful to switch a pattern of a scene that is not playing.
    New Quantize panel with swing options in pattern editor.
    It is now possible to edit the tempo value with the keyboard in the sample time-stretch panel.
    It is now possible to set the pattern duration in the pattern editor, using the zone at the top.
    It is now possible to tap the tempo from the focus action “Tempo”, when it is assigned to a key/note.
    It is now possible to jump in the song timeline while keeping quantization.
    When replacing a sample on a pad, keep MIDI input/output port & channel settings.
    Properly create pattern using original sample tempo and bar length when exporting slices to pads or layers.
    Complete settings screen redesign.
    Large texts will now auto-scroll.
    Do not list the “BeatMaker 3” virtual MIDI output portport in the settings device list.
    Fixed multiple MIDI routing issues on banks when OMNI mode was OFF.
    Fixed sampling-rate mismatch with AUv3 instruments, which would cause them to be out-of tune and/or out-of-sync.
    Fixed fullscreen Step Modulator mode where transport controls wouldn’t react.
    Fixed a bug where some elements of the UI wouldn’t reflect the current bank color.
    Fixed an issue in pattern editing that would cause notes to be released.
    Fixed individual pads audio export and fixed pad number listing in the panel; additionally, filename format is cleaner too.
    Fixed an issue that would cause patterns to stop playing when editing notes.
    Fixed double-tap on tempo parameters (transport, sample editor) that would bogusly reset to 90.
    Fixed double-tap on big plugin icon in the Editor > PLUGIN tab, that would bogusly create multiple full-screen keyboard.
    Fixed library search result list that would not reset properly after selecting a pack, category or subcategory.
    Fixed an issue where the “Tempo” focus action, when assigned to a key, would use the velocity to set the tempo.
    Fixed a crash that would happen when loading a new bank with patterns on the pattern editor.
    Fixed a crash that would happen on audio tracks when setting start marker on top of end marker.
    Fixed a critical memory leak.
    Updated Audiobus SDK to 3.0.2.
    Stability improvements.
    Minor visual improvements around the app.

Goodness Gracious me!

King

• Now we wait to play with it
  • Hope this doesn't sound ungrateful (in fact I'm pretty sure it does)...

but I was really hoping for a record midi chords to pattern setting :(

• All praise! I would buy this app again just for these updates...

• edited November 2017
    I hope we can get it by Friday
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100
    "It is now possible to jump in the song timeline while keeping quantization." so hopefully it isn't too much work for them to support it in the pattern editor too ?

• Has it been submitted yet ?

• +1 for implementing the "quick save"

I think we can expect a slightly different looking app than before with changes to the left hand global navigation staying in view on the keyboard and browser screen.
  • Good list but what about beat warping audio and generally mangling audio how decent is that as I would like to be to mash some breaks in BM3 as currently still using BM2?

• since its announced does that mean it has been submitted and we are only waiting for Apple to review it ?

• @tk32 said:
    Hope this doesn't sound ungrateful (in fact I'm pretty sure it does)...

but I was really hoping for a record midi chords to pattern setting :(

Same here. I never understood the use of having each midi note play the same chord function? I automatically thought it would record it into the pattern in real time when you change the chord. This is really the only thing that frustrates me. Everything else is great. Love this update otherwise.

• It's only announced, not submitted. But we definitely appreciate the announcement. Wish other developers would do the same courtesy.