Mathieugarcia, don’t be a stranger!.. :)

edited November 2017 in General

@mathieugarcia we miss you!

Please pop in to your forum more often!

I know it’s not as popular and far reaching as Twitter, but we are here! ;)

Cheers,

King

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As far as I know he's very busy with the BM3 3.0.4 update...
    Beta #11 just dropped this morning :D

• edited November 2017

Yeah guys’ lol. I know, I know! ;)

He may underestimate his interaction/motivation/influence ‘here’..

And yes @triton100, I am crazy lol

King

• @triton100 said:
    @samu as the beta guru, do you have any idea if or when ‘moving the playhead within the pattern editor’ will be happening? As opposed to having to do it in the song page only. (And also having to press stop each time, before pressing play, as opposed to just hitting play anywhere along the timeline without stopping first ?

Has that been requested?(Currently you can not set the playhead or 'scrub' in the pattern editor).
    (My vote goes to having optional 'live scrubbing' available everywhere, even in the sample editor when moving the markers).

In song mode the playhead 'snaps' to the currently set grid value, so if it's 1 bar it plays the current bar to the end and then jumps to the next selected location. With 'Free' it directly just jumps to the location you tap on, no need to stop the playback. (This makes it quite easy to 'cue' different locations in the song keeping the beat).

Over all the pattern edtor has gotten some pretty nice feature updates making it easier to use.

• edited November 2017
    Pattern editing needs some adjustments to the play head. We also need scale lock. Precision zoom too, e.g. like Gadget having the ability to switch measures an loop individual measures. We also need some kind of select all copy paste.
  • @triton100 said:
    Hey samu yes scrub playback just makes for a much smoother quicker workflow.

You say that free grid means if the song is playing you don’t need to hit stop before hitting play again at a new position, but I can’t recreate that. Even with grid set as free you have to hit stop each time before moving to a new place on the timeline.

That could be a feature in 3.0.4 ;)
    (I don't have the 3.0.3 release version installed at the moment).

• @triton100 Would have never known that otherwise. Genius!

• @triton100 solid workflow improvement suggestions scattered above. +1
  • edited November 2017
    20:56. AB forum. (Not BeatMaker) :-/

"Hi there!

We are asking for an expedited review so hopefully 3.0.5 will be available shortly.

You should be fine without airplane mode now, it was just a bogus sound-pack causing a random memory corruption. Pretty unexpected to say the least, since we go through beta-testing for every updates.

Anyway, we are deeply sorry about this; gladly, we were able to work on a fix straight away.

Thanks for the understanding and support!

Cheers,
    Mathieu."

---

King

• Confused.

Why was it posted on AB instead of here?
  • edited November 2017
    @tk32 said "Confused.

Why was it posted on AB instead of here?"

---

Exactly!

Title of this thread says it all.

---

King

• Bigger user base. True.

But we're core fans, and probably a lot more dedicated to BM3.
  • edited November 2017
    We here are the ones who do the most/major testing and reporting (more or less than beta?) I don't know, not competing.

Plus this is The Beatmaker forum.
    Maybe I should stop checking in here for informational updates etc lol. Ironic.

---

King

• Hey there!

I will go through the forums tomorrow in the morning!
    Need to catch up so badly with you guys!

Talk soon!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• Nothing against checking into the Audiobus forum. It is 100% my most visited website. (Every single day I look in). however..

---

King

• Yup, trying to control and inform people what went wrong with the 3.0.4 update.
    But here is our own special place, can't wait to see what you'll have been cooking during that time, haha.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• edited November 2017
    “> @mathieugarcia said:
    > Yup, trying to control and inform people what went wrong with the 3.0.4 update.
    > But here is our own special place, can't wait to see what you'll have been cooking during that time, haha.
    >
    > Cheers!
    > Mathieu.”

___

@mathieugarcia, glad to see you showing your face roun these parts.

I ain't mad at ya, just wanna see you comment here in "our own special place" more.

Glad 3.0.5 is coming, shame about 3.0.4. But yeah too many goodies in there.
    It is a kick ass app @triton100.

___

King

• edited November 2017

Yup, kept focusing on the update and other things. Now I will have more time to catch up. Feels good, really!

• You are home!

---

King

• "Awwww" moment :D

• Hehehe..

---

King

• I've said it before and i will throw it out again, this is obviously a user forum by users for users, the developers rarely visit here,, but lets not start getting silly because a post was made at AB forum, they rarely post their if at all too.

3.0.4 is a complete mess and they are trying to get a 3.0.5 out quick fast, lets just sit with that for now.

• "A complete mess" sounds a bit extreme. The bug was squashed right away, 3.0.5 dropping soon.
    The AUv3 session bug will be addressed top priority. Bear with us! It's not easy putting updates like that.

• edited November 2017

@mathieugarcia

Please realise we are all extremely grateful, and excuse the (occasionally) extreme words.

Strong emotional reactions only happen because we are getting so emotionally attached to your wonderful DAW :)