iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) BM3 audio glitch iOS 11.1

edited November 2017 in Bug reports

I was hoping that the new iOS 11.1 update would of fixed the audio glitch I am having with BM3 when using sample pads on banks but it hasn't. I have had this audio glitch problem using my iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) on iOS 10.3.3, 11.0 and the problem still remains on iOS 11.1.

The problem I am having is that when I have a sample on each of the 23 pads (in 64 pad mode) on a bank and I play the pads with my fingers there seems to be some audio glitch and crackles on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2017). This is very annoying. When I read that the iOS 11.1 update was supposed to of fixed the audio glitch problem on the new iPad Pro I thought it would of fixed this problem but it hasn't.

I have tried adjusting the buffer size of BM3 settings but the problem still persists. I loaded the same project on my older iPad Pro 9.7 and audio works properly on my older iPad Pro. The problem only seems to be when I am using BM3 on my new iPad Pro 12.9.

Please advise.

Comments

• iOS11.2 is already in beta and BM3 3.0.4 should be here soon...

Sometimes doing a complete factory restore solves issues that updates can not fix.

• Can you record the glitch, so we can get a better idea of what may be going on.

• edited November 2017

I've used those same samples on BM3 on my iPad mini 4 and iPad Pro 9.7 with no issues at all. It is only on my new iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) that I have the occasional audio glitch and crackle issue with those samples. I am beginning to wonder if it is the UI on my iPad Pro 12.9 which is causing the audio glitch and crackle.

• I have experienced this same problem as well with my 2017 iPad Pro 10.5” with crackling noise when playing samples on the 16 pads. The crackling would come in for a few seconds than it would stop. I have only experienced this twice in only one session.
  • @Artmuzz said:
    I was hoping that the new iOS 11.1 update would of fixed the audio glitch I am having with BM3 when using sample pads on banks but it hasn't. I have had this audio glitch problem using my iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) on iOS 10.3.3, 11.0 and the problem still remains on iOS 11.1.

The problem I am having is that when I have a sample on each of the 23 pads (in 64 pad mode) on a bank and I play the pads with my fingers there seems to be some audio glitch and crackles on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2017). This is very annoying. When I read that the iOS 11.1 update was supposed to of fixed the audio glitch problem on the new iPad Pro I thought it would of fixed this problem but it hasn't.

I have tried adjusting the buffer size of BM3 settings but the problem still persists. I loaded the same project on my older iPad Pro 9.7 and audio works properly on my older iPad Pro. The problem only seems to be when I am using BM3 on my new iPad Pro 12.9.

Please advise.

I made a test like your setup this morning...

Load 23 samples on one bank (all kind of high quality samples, some from Ultrabeat in Logic Pro X and some other nice one)...
    Both 128 and 256 samplesbuffer.
    Played around with this for twenty minutes continuous, and, with no crackles at all...

iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB/celluar 2017...

Can some samples you load be a problem?

• edited November 2017

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Artmuzz said:

Please advise.

I made a test like your setup this morning...

Load 23 samples on one bank (all kind of high quality samples, some from Ultrabeat in Logic Pro X and some other nice one)...
    Both 128 and 256 samplesbuffer.
    Played around with this for twenty minutes continuous, and, with no crackles at all...

iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB/celluar 2017...

Can some samples you load be a problem?

The audio glitch and crackles are only heard sometimes when I play more than one pad simultaneously. However, on my other iPads there is no audio glitch or crackle when I do the same thing using the same project, bank and samples.

• I forgot to mention that it takes about 5 minutes before this audio glitch and crackle happens.

• A few questions:

• Are you using a headset or headphones, USB interface, HDMI output or just the speakers?
    • How does the CPU meter reads, in the Settings screen?
    • Also, what sampling rate are you using?
    • Are there any other audio/music apps running in the background?
  • edited November 2017

I also get intermittent problems with crackling on a 2017 12.9" pro, all up-to-date. A little hard to diagnose but can happen in a new project with just one instance of Bark filter AU as an effect. The Audio damage plugins also seem to cause a lot of issues with crackling. This is without headphones/usb interface etc, just the ipad on its own with BM3 running and nothing else in the background.

• Does switching between 44.1kHZ and 48kHz, and creating a new session helps?

• I will try doing that this evening. Side issue perhaps but I'm also using 512 on the latency. Is that a reasonable latency to use on the newest pros? Was a little surprised it couldn't be pushed lower but if I use any instances of Model 15 or Audio damage apps it really struggles.

• edited November 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    A few questions:

• Are you using a headset or headphones, USB interface, HDMI output or just the speakers?
    • How does the CPU meter reads, in the Settings screen?
    • Also, what sampling rate are you using?
    • Are there any other audio/music apps running in the background?

I am just using my iPad Pro 12.9 with the built in speakers.

It's hard to see the CPU meter readings when I am performing without playback.

I am changing between different sampling rates but I still have the issue.

There are no other apps running in the background.

I only get this issue on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2017). There are no problems on my other iPad.