1.3 record audio suggestions

edited December 2008 in General
I mentioned this in the Support section as I thought I may be using the recording function wrong, but I thought it might be a good idea to put it in here as a suggestion for future updates...

I have noticed that when I try to record audio for use in the current project that the back ground audio stops playing. This makes it very difficult to line up the part you are going to play with the track playing in the background.

Also, the time it takes from hitting record to the start of the recording process seems to vary from take to take, and isn't always visually clear when the recording has started.

A suggestion for the future might be to have a visual representation of the click track at the current projects tempo. Maybe a flashing light, or something of this nature. The first bar could be a count in that starts when the app is ready to record. This would let the user at least get closer to recording a track that can be used in the current project...

Thanks again for the excellent app!

Comments

• edited 8:26PM
    I mentioned this in the Support section as I thought I may be using the recording function wrong, but I thought it might be a good idea to put it in here as a suggestion for future updates...

I have noticed that when I try to record audio for use in the current project that the back ground audio stops playing. This makes it very difficult to line up the part you are going to play with the track playing in the background.

Also, the time it takes from hitting record to the start of the recording process seems to vary from take to take, and isn't always visually clear when the recording has started.

A suggestion for the future might be to have a visual representation of the click track at the current projects tempo. Maybe a flashing light, or something of this nature. The first bar could be a count in that starts when the app is ready to record. This would let the user at least get closer to recording a track that can be used in the current project...

Thanks again for the excellent app!
    just saw this, I posted the exact same thing just a minute ago basically. Would be a great feature to have visual metronome