B3 unable to start

Had it for a month or so without any problems. Today all I get is the splash screen then it crashes.

Comments

• edited November 2017

Oop!

What iOS iPad etc

Have you tried rebooting your iPad?

King

• Try again in a few minutes, sometimes the App Store will show the latest update 3.0.5 but will install 3.0.4. It happened to a couple of users.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• edited November 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    Try again in a few minutes, sometimes the App Store will show the latest update 3.0.5 but will install 3.0.4. It happened to a couple of users.

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

“Try again” Meaning, try re-updating from the store..

King

• Same here I’m at a stalemate, a shame because I was in the middle of a project when updating, I never really ran into this problem before so I’m not sure by what you mean by suggesting to reboot or re-update from the App Store

• I can’t see how to reupdate, all it has is ‘Open’

I’m on an iPad Pro with the latest update.

• Same thing is happening to me. I just bought it yesterday and used it one time. Today is crashes after the launch screen. I see version 3.0.5 in the app store but not the update option. I deleted Beat Maker 3 and went to re-downloaded it from the app store and it shows the $39.99, not the download icon. Extremely unhappy, not going to pay for it again. What can I do?

• edited November 2017

turn on airplane mode before you launch bm3. note the version number on the splash screen. is it 3.0.4 or 3.0.5? if it isn't 3.0.5, turn off airplane mode, quit the app store (swipe up in multitasking), reboot your ipad. after reboot, launch the store again, go to the updates page, and swipe down to initiate a refresh. can you update now?

• edited November 2017

When apps update and you have updated (the app), it is good practice to reboot your iPad so everything is fresh again, RAM, old data etc..
    It’s not 'the' solution (but it can be), many find that it has helped them many times.

Easy to do..

King

• Force quit the App Store app, launch it again, and search for BeatMaker 3. The App Store should show version 3.0.5 now, if not, it can take a few hours to be available everywhere.

@LtCore if you bought it, you can install for free again. You won't be charged as long as you use the same iTunes/App Store account you made the initial purchase with.

Cheers.
    Mathieu.

• Yeah thanks that worked out perfect,

• @NeonTaylor said:
    Yeah thanks that worked out perfect,

Out of curiosity which worked out perfect?

So others may do the same..

King

• edited November 2017

The process ronji suggested with the airplane mode, I always have my airplane mode on so I guess it was hindering me to install properly

• Ronji’s method worked for me. A big heartfelt thank you to you!

• Excellent!

Various solutions working in various scenarios!

Glad you got it going, I’m almost ready to press the trigger, I think lol

King

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2017

@triton100 i am sticking with 3.0.3 for now, there are some huge new features in 3.0.5, but way too many bugs and solid features lost that unless you are desperate for the new features, i would just carry on writing music and ignore the update.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mathieugarcia said:
    Force quit the App Store app, launch it again, and search for BeatMaker 3. The App Store should show version 3.0.5 now, if not, it can take a few hours to be available everywhere.

@LtCore if you bought it, you can install for free again. You won't be charged as long as you use the same iTunes/App Store account you made the initial purchase with.

Cheers.
    Mathieu.

Thanks, Mathieu! I have 3.0.5 installed now. I went to my purchased apps in the App Store and downloaded it again, Everything is working. I appreciate the help :smile:

• You're welcome!

• @triton100 said:

@KING said:
    Excellent!

Various solutions working in various scenarios!

Glad you got it going, I’m almost ready to press the trigger, I think lol

King

Please update how you’re finding it. I haven’t had the courage to update yet ha

Oh dear..

I was saying “Excellent” to the fact that the Airplane thingie worked. Hehe

Still have Not updated.

When I do, you guys will know for sure.. ;)

King

• If you’ve already updated how can you get hold of an older version, if this one’s as unreliable as people say?