Realtime MIDI CC to IAA or External MIDI

Hi. Having trouble in BM3 with two things:
1. Can't seem to get MIDI CC from my controller to pass through to Animoog or other IAA plugins. I've tried setting the MIDI input and channel in 3 differnt places: in the main Bank setting, the Pad and also the Plugin instance and none seem to pass it to Animoog. The notes I play work, but knob turns via CC do not. If I open Animoog and control it directly without BM3, my hardware mappings work. How do I make this work?
2. I've got my Moog Sub 37 hardware synth connected and set as the MIDI in and out for say Bank A. It works fine to record MIDI notes into a pattern and play it back to the synth. Great. However, again if I turn knobs on the synth while recording, they do not record into the pattern anywhere. How do I record the MIDI CC in realtime while playing? This works in Cubasis so I know my hardware settings are fine.

Comments

• Thanks. Yes I understand the use of Macros, Focus Actions, and Automation. I’m just trying to get the MIDI input to pass more than just notes to a plug-in. There’s obviously something I am missing.

• edited November 2017

I just tried, if i use the IAA version of Model 15 my cc's do get passed through (but not recorded if I record a pattern from my controller).

However, if I use the AU version, they don't work. It's a mystery.

Also afaik you can't get macros to send CC's which is a bit annoying as well.

• Really expected the update yesterday to fix this. Not usable then for people who like to record performances in real-time, or for those who need program changes during a performance. I’m certainly not going to draw in my performance knob turns, lol.

So my question is then, what app can do this? I know Modstep can, but then there aren’t any audio tracks. Cubasis can do all this, but there’s no Scene/Session Mode. I can’t win.

• Tried again in 3.0.5 and still not working. I guess there are very very few users that record midi cc with their performance?

• @soundshaper said:
    Tried again in 3.0.5 and still not working. I guess there are very very few users that record midi cc with their performance?

MIDI CC record would be a huge positive gain. I think there’s quite a bit of room for improvement with the way BM3 can sequence external hardware and this is one aspect.

• @Stirhouse said:

@soundshaper said:
    Tried again in 3.0.5 and still not working. I guess there are very very few users that record midi cc with their performance?

MIDI CC record would be a huge positive gain. I think there’s quite a bit of room for improvement with the way BM3 can sequence external hardware and this is one aspect.

For sure but also can’t record CC to control IAA. It won’t even pass CC through from your controller to the synth. So that means those messages have been deliberately filtered out.

• No it doesn't, it just means those messages are not supported yet, this isn't some kind of conspiracy ;)
    The backbone of the app is being built piece by piece, and as can be seen from the current release, some times they knock it out the park and some times they get a good hard kick up the arse, this release in particular they got both.

But for the record i would suggest that there are an absolute ton of users wanting to use CCs and more and more all the time with things like the Boutiques and such, in fact i would even suggest that the developers themselves use CCs @mathieugarcia ?